Index Star Trek: Enterprise Star Trek: The Original Series Star Trek: The Next Generation Star Trek: Deep Space Nine Star Trek: Voyager Original Work

"Black Widow"
by A. Rhea King

Rating: PG
Disclaimer: Don't own them, CBS/Paramount does.
Summary: Archer is kidnapped right under the crew's nose. Following the clues leads them to an alien they picked up, and at first presumed to be working for a enemy. But when they learn shy she really kidnapped him, they become desperate to find him.


PROLOGUE

Trip and Phlox ran through the halls, hearing someone screaming. The screaming grew louder as they came closer to it. They ran around the corner. One of the security was standing in the open door of the Brig, weapon at ready. The two ran in, finding the second guard inside. Archer was screaming ‘Bionq’ and pounding on the clear wall with his fists and head. He had beaten the wall so hard that the skin on his forehead and fists were raw and each hit sent blood splattering across his face and the wall.

“Captain, calm down. Calm down,” the guard said.

“Commander, you two will need to restrain him again,” Phlox said.

Trip entered the security code. Archer rushed him but he caught Archer and pushed back. He and the guard struggled with Archer to get him into a corner. Archer screamed, punched, and clawed at them. Trip grunted when Archer bit his arm and almost let go. He and the guard finally managed to get him held back. Phlox squeezed between them. He grabbed Archer’s chin and forced him to turn his head so he could get to his neck. Phlox pressed the hypospray against Archer’s neck and stepped back. Archer’s fight quickly lost intensity until he fell limp into Trip and the guard’s arms. The two walked him to his bunk and laid him down. Trip spun when Phlox grabbed his arm. Where Archer had bitten him blood was staining his uniform.

“Hold still, Commander.” Phlox stood.

Phlox rolled up his sleeve revealing a quickly bruising, bleeding bite wound. Trip looked away while Phlox worked, seeing the blood still on the wall.

“Clean the wall, Ken,” Trip ordered the crewman.

“With all due respect, sir, why? It’s just going to happen again in another few hours.”

“I’ll restrain him once I’m finished here, Ensign,” Phlox told him. “I won’t let him keep hurting himself like this.” Phlox finished with Trip and sat back down on the edge of the bunk to tend to Archer’s injuries.

The guard left. Trip looked back at Archer. The Captain of Enterprise had succumbed to the drug and sedative Phlox had injected, but his mind hadn’t. In a whisper he was still calling ‘Bionq’. And each time he called for her it nearly brought Trip to tears.


Continue to Chapter 1

Like it? Hate it? Just want to point out a typo? Join the discussion now.

Disclaimer: Star Trek in all its various forms and its characters are the property of CBS/Paramount. No copyright infringement is intended by the authors of this site, which is solely for the purpose of entertainment and is not for profit. This site is owned by CX and was opened to the public in February 2008.