Index Star Trek: Enterprise Star Trek: The Original Series Star Trek: The Next Generation Star Trek: Deep Space Nine Star Trek: Voyager Original Work

"Borderline"
by A. Rhea King

Rating: PG
Disclaimer: Don't own them, CBS/Paramount does.
Genre: Humor
Description: Archer discovers Ten-Hut, spoils the kids, and tries to convince the crew he's king, the crew have to answer for a food fight, Trip introduces his girlfriend to the finer points of snowball fights, and alien King Idnd asks Archer's advice on parenting.


Share (1)

Archer couldn’t get any more relaxed if he tried. He had stopped thinking about anything some time ago and his mind was merely drifting. So when the door opened it startled him enough to fall off the bench. He quickly picked himself up, staring at the crewmen staring at him.

“Sir,” Lieutenant McNielson said, collecting himself to stand at attention, despite he was wearing a muscle shirt and shorts.

Behind him his four crewmen –Amanda Johnson, Manny Franklin, Sisyl and Jacob Parker – did the same, dropping their towels at their feet.

Archer tried to find a reply, but he didn’t have one.

Sisyl pushed through the four, stopping when he saw Archer.

“I’m leaving. Now.” Archer turned to grab his towel.

“You don’t have to, sir. We will leave, sir”

Archer forced a smile. “Really. I’m leaving.”

“Sir, we figured you’d find Ten-Hut eventually. You or someone anyway and so you may stay, we will leave.”

Archer looked at them. “How long has this been here?” Archer glanced around the makeshift sauna.

“Almost seven months, sir.”

“And you never thought to tell me or ask before building it?”

Lieutenant McNielson looked down. His crew looked away, pretending to find interest anywhere but on their captain. Archer smiled.

“I’m not mad. I’ve been using it for a while now.”

Lieutenant McNielson looked at him. “Then it can stay?”

“Let’s just hope no one else stumbles on it like I did. Then I’ll have to figure out what to say.”

Lieutenant McNielson chuckled. “The truth could be damaging, Captain.”

Archer grinned. “Perhaps. How about we all stay?”

“As you wish, sir.”

Lieutenant McNielson walked in and his four crewmen followed, spreading out on the benches. Archer returned to the bench he’d been laying on.

“I purr, Captain Archer,” Sisyl stated.

Archer looked at Sisyl. “Pardon?”

“He purrs, sir,” Amanda said. “I hope that won’t be a problem.”

Archer closed his eyes without commenting. It said enough about his indifference on the matter. He was drifting back toward that state of relaxation when he heard Sisyl start purring. Archer smiled, momentarily thinking back on the times Sista purred while he was around. Except this time, mixed with the warm steam of the room, it was soothing. Archer let his mind drift again until he fell asleep.


Continue to Chapter 2

Like it? Hate it? Just want to point out a typo? Join the discussion now.

Disclaimer: Star Trek in all its various forms and its characters are the property of CBS/Paramount. No copyright infringement is intended by the authors of this site, which is solely for the purpose of entertainment and is not for profit. This site is owned by CX and was opened to the public in February 2008.