Index Star Trek: Enterprise Star Trek: The Original Series Star Trek: The Next Generation Star Trek: Deep Space Nine Star Trek: Voyager Original Work

"Frank and Speak"
by A. Rhea King

Rating: PG
Disclaimer: Don't own them, CBS/Paramount does.
Genre: Humor/Drama
Description: Will you be my beary valentine? T'Pol learns a secret about her boyfriend. History can be a brutal teachers. The prank wars continue. Have you seen Mr. Bubbles too?


Caper (4)

Trip walked up to Ensign Amanda Johnson, leaning on the wall beside her. Amanda started when she looked up and saw him.

“Sir,” she said, rising to her feet.

“Hey.”

She smiled.

“Mandy, right?”

“Yes, sir.”

“Mandy, I’m going ask you something and if you tell anyone that I asked you this you’re going to wish you hadn’t, okay?”

Amanda’s smile dropped. “Uhm...okay.”

“Which bunk is Sherie’s?”

Amanda grinned. “The bottom bunk sir.”

“Thank you. Not a word.”

Mandy cocked her head to the side. “You never asked me anything of any interest,” Amanda quipped. “What would I have to say?”

Trip grinned. “That’s right.” Trip turned and walked back down the hall.

#

Sherie pulled on her nightgown with a yawn. She glanced at the top bunk. Amanda had come in an hour ago and went straight to bed. Sherie had wished she’d stayed awake. She had wanted to talk for a little bit.

Sherie picked her bunk covers and began to slide down into bed. Her feet stopped halfway down the bed. Sherie looked down the covers and found a sheet was preventing her from sliding down any further. She tried to push it down with her feet but it wouldn’t budge. Sherie got up and pulled her blankets back until she got to the sheet. Sherie stood up with her hands on her hips and smiled. Trip had sewn the sheet to the mattress so it couldn’t be pushed down when Sherie tried to climb into bed. He’d also sewn it to the rest of the sheets so in order for her to get in her bed that night, she was going to have to cut the threads first and that would require finding something sharp enough to do that at twenty three hundred hours.

Amanda suddenly draped over the edge of the top bunk to survey Trip’s dirty work. Amanda looked at Sherie. “Interesting.”

“You helped him, didn’t you?”

“No.”

“How’d he know this was my bunk?” Sherie asked her

“Lucky guess?”

“You told him.”

Amanda grinned. “I didn’t tell him. He ordered me to tell him. I was under orders.”

“Mm-hm. Be thankful that I now have to find a way to get even or you’d be next.”

Amanda looked down at the bunk below her. “Damn the bad luck. Well. Good-night.” Amanda laid back down.

Sherie smiled. “Set and serve, Mister Tucker.”


Back to Chapter 3
Continue to Chapter 5

Like it? Hate it? Just want to point out a typo? Join the discussion now.

Disclaimer: Star Trek in all its various forms and its characters are the property of CBS/Paramount. No copyright infringement is intended by the authors of this site, which is solely for the purpose of entertainment and is not for profit. This site is owned by CX and was opened to the public in February 2008.