Index Star Trek: Enterprise Star Trek: The Original Series Star Trek: The Next Generation Star Trek: Deep Space Nine Star Trek: Voyager Original Work

"I'm a Believer"
by A. Rhea King

Rating: PG
Disclaimer: Don't own them, CBS/Paramount does.
Genre: Humor
Description: In this chapter of the tweens the prank war continues, Porthos charms aliens and goes for a mud bath, and Trip administers his special brand of first aid.


Farce (8)

Trip kept his eye on the monitor while he worked. He had been waiting for the last two days and he knew it would happen soon.

“Sir, can you check off on this?”

Trip turned and looked over the PADD the officer had handed him.

“If you were waiting for Ensign Fields, she’s on the lift now,” the officer said.

Trip looked around. Ensign Fields was alone in the lift. Trip dropped the PADD on desk and pressed a button on the screen. The lift came to an abrupt halt, bouncing Sherie back against the wall. Trip turned, picked up the PADD and returned to reading it.

“Looks good.” Trip handed the PADD back to the officer, who was trying to mask his laughter.

Trip turned to a PADD in front of him and picked it up. He sat back in the chair to read it.

“Uhm...I think you’re being paged,” the officer said.

Trip glanced at the officer that had spoken up. She pointed to the monitor. Trip looked at the monitor. Sherie was waving her hand in front of the visual monitor and talking. Trip leaned forward, pressing the screen.

“Yes?” Trip asked Sherie.

“Start the lift, Commander.”

“I can’t. Blew out something. Have to find it. Could take a couple hours.”

Sherie stood back, crossing her arms. “I see. A couple hours. That should give me time for a nap then, sir.”

“No nap. You’re on the clock.”

“Can’t be on the clock when I’m stuck in here.” Sherie motioned around the lift.

“I dunno what happened,” Trip looked down at the desk. “Just shut right down.”

“Oh. I’m sure you don’t know, sir. Wake me up when you get it started. In the mean time...” Sherie looked at the controls. Her grin turned evil and she looked up at the visual sensor. “Nice. I commend you for the ingenuity on this.”

“I’m sorry?”

“The humid heat thing going on here. I’ll have a sauna here pretty soon, ya know?”

“I don’t know what you’re talking about.”

“Oh...and then we have cold. Good way to keep me from that nap...for a while.”

Trip sighed. “Yeah. And I’m really swamped. I’ll get to it shortly. You’ll be out in time for supper.”

“I’m sure,” Sherie replied.

“Well. Gotta go.” Trip cut the visual and audio feed and turned. Five of his crewmen were watching, smirking and snickering. “What?”

“That lift just suddenly quitting like that was the strangest thing,” one said.

“Isn’t it though? You five better get back to work. Lots of work to get done. We’ll put that at the end of our list today.”

The five rolled their eyes but left as ordered. Trip smiled, sitting back in the chair and returning to the report he was reading.


Back to Chapter 7
Continue to Chapter 9

Like it? Hate it? Just want to point out a typo? Join the discussion now.

Disclaimer: Star Trek in all its various forms and its characters are the property of CBS/Paramount. No copyright infringement is intended by the authors of this site, which is solely for the purpose of entertainment and is not for profit. This site is owned by CX and was opened to the public in February 2008.