Index Star Trek: Enterprise Star Trek: The Original Series Star Trek: The Next Generation Star Trek: Deep Space Nine Star Trek: Voyager Original Work

"Oopsy Daisies"
by A. Rhea King

Rating: PG
Disclaimer: Don't own them, CBS/Paramount does.
Genre: Humor
Description: Trip and T'Pol's relationship hits a bump. Trip and his friend get busted for a bar brawl. Dogs will be dogs. A stairway to heaven? Navta is convinced she's going to die now, and Archer isn't prepared for this talk.


Double Trouble (2)

Archer glanced up when he heard the lift door open and then away. Trip passed behind him to the engineering station and sat down. Archer stood, setting his PADD down. He walked toward his ready room door. Trip looked up with a grin and Archer motioned him to follow without returning the grin. Trip’s smile vanished but he obeyed. Archer turned, waiting for the door to close behind Trip. Trip glanced at Julie standing by the wall. She moved over to Trip’s side, glancing up at him. Trip looked back at Archer

“What time were you two supposed to be back on board last night, Trip?”

“Seventeen hundred, Cap’n.”

“And where were you at seventeen and twenty-two hundred and don’t say on this ship because we had a problem that needed your attention and you weren’t here.”

Trip looked down.

“Trip. An answer.”

“I got…tied up.”

“With?”

“I…was in negotiations for plasma inductors.”

“The same plasma inductors that was delivered at thirteen hundred?”

“I mean some conduits.”

“That arrived a half hour later?”

Trip closed his eyes. “Can I choose what’s behind door number three?”

“This is not a joking matter? A relay is blown because you weren’t here. Where the hell were you?”

Trip looked away.

Archer reached back, snatched a PADD off his desk and shoved it into Trip’s chest. “Explain to me why you and Lieutenant Nolan were in jail last night, Trip.”

Trip took the PADD and read it.

“Well…apparently we got into a brawl…in a bar.”

“And did you?”

“Not technically.”

“How does one not technically get into a brawl in a bar, Trip?”

Trip looked at Archer. “Julie was minding her own business and this big guy shows up and starts hitting on her. She kept trying to get him to leave but he was persistent. To the point he actually grabbed her arm and was going to make her go with him. I jumped in and told him she was my date. He said he didn’t care, I got between them and he hit me. What was I supposed to do? Take it?”

“Trip,” Archer yanked the PADD from Trip’s hand, holding it up in front of Trip’s face, “You and Julie tag teamed him, broke his arm and his nose! Trip, they want to prosecute you two! We can’t leave dock until your trial is over.”

“We were on leave, sir.”

Archer’s anger snapped. “I DON’T CARE TRIP! You are still supposed to be setting an example.”

“Sir,” Julie said, “In Commander Tucker’s defense, sir, I have a free will. I chose not to let the guy break Commander Tucker’s nose and leg, so I intervened as best I could.”

“Neither of you should have done anything! You should have called for security.”

“I doubt they would have helped, sir,” Julie said.

“They were cheering on the big guy,” Trip said.

“And personally, I would think that would be a testament to the unfairness we were faced with at the time.”

“Unfairness?” Archer asked.

“No one was cheering us on. We were on our own.”

“There was that short guy,” Trip reminded Julie.

“The short bald midget?” she asked.

“Yeah.”

“You sure he was cheering us on?”

“It sounded like it. I was pretty busy at the time.”

“Oh! There was that whore. She was cheering you on.”

“She wanted money. Of course she was cheering me on.”

“Trip! Nolan!” Archer snapped.

The two fell silent, looking at him.

“You are both confined to your quarters. DISMISSED.”

Julie and Trip looked at each other. They shrugged and left Archer’s ready room together.


Back to Chapter 1
Continue to Chapter 3

Like it? Hate it? Just want to point out a typo? Join the discussion now.

Disclaimer: Star Trek in all its various forms and its characters are the property of CBS/Paramount. No copyright infringement is intended by the authors of this site, which is solely for the purpose of entertainment and is not for profit. This site is owned by CX and was opened to the public in February 2008.