Index Star Trek: Enterprise Star Trek: The Original Series Star Trek: The Next Generation Star Trek: Deep Space Nine Star Trek: Voyager Original Work

"Starting Out"
by A. Rhea King

Rating: PG
Disclaimer: Don't own them, CBS/Paramount does.
Summary: These are the events that happen within the comforts of home and in the routine of every day life. And in ‘The Tweens,’ you will catch glimpses of the everyday lives of the Enterprise crew...


War! (3)

Archer and Trip turned down the hall together.

“Did you like the meatloaf tonight?” Archer asked.

Trip shrugged. “No. I don’t know what he did to it tonight, but it was terrible.”

Ensign Sherie Fields leapt out of a joint hall, throwing a glass of water at Trip. She gasped as soon as she saw his face.

“OH, SIR!” she cried out. “Oh no. Oh, oh, oh. I am soooo sorry. I thought you were someone else. I...” She trailed off, her mouth trying to form more apologies that weren’t coming out.

Archer erased his smile when Trip looked at him

“Who’d you think I was?” Trip snapped, shaking water off his hands.

“It really doesn’t matter. I am so sorry. Do you want a towel?”

“No,” Trip looked at her. “You shouldn’t be throwing the water at anyone, Ensign!”

She laughed a little. “I know.” A little more laughter escaped Sherie’s lips.

“This isn’t funny,” Trip said.

“I know. I...I know.” She backed up a few steps. “Not funny. Totally not funny. I am so sorry. I... You sure you don’t want a towel?”

“No!” Trip said.

“Sorry, sir. I can’t even begin to tell you how sorry I am. I am sorry.” Sherie turned and trotted away.

Both Trip and Archer heard her start laughing with two other people. Trip’s cast a snarl in the direction she’d disappeared.

Trip looked at Archer. “Thought I was someone else, huh?”

“I’m sure it wasn’t meant for you, Trip. Why would she do something like that on purpose to her commanding officer?”

Trip’s eyes narrowed. “Yes. Why would she?”

“What’s that mean?”

“I’m going to go dry off now.” Trip walked away.

Archer chuckled. “Trip, I had nothing to do with this!”

“LIAR!” Trip yelled as he turned a corner.


Back to Chapter 2
Continue to Chapter 4

Like it? Hate it? Just want to point out a typo? Join the discussion now.

Disclaimer: Star Trek in all its various forms and its characters are the property of CBS/Paramount. No copyright infringement is intended by the authors of this site, which is solely for the purpose of entertainment and is not for profit. This site is owned by CX and was opened to the public in February 2008.