Index Star Trek: Enterprise Star Trek: The Original Series Star Trek: The Next Generation Star Trek: Deep Space Nine Star Trek: Voyager Original Work

"Starting Out"
by A. Rhea King

Rating: PG
Disclaimer: Don't own them, CBS/Paramount does.
Summary: These are the events that happen within the comforts of home and in the routine of every day life. And in ‘The Tweens,’ you will catch glimpses of the everyday lives of the Enterprise crew...


Regardless (5)

Archer stopped at his door and entered the security code.

“Hey, Cap’n,” Trip called

Archer looked around, watching him walk up.

Trip smiled, looking into Archer’s quarters as he began talking. “I was won...der...uh... Cap’n?” Trip motioned into the room.

Archer turned. The floor was littered with torn cloth. Archer reached out, stopping his door from closing.

“PORTHOS!” Archer yelled, stepping into his quarters.

He looked at his dresser, finding he’d left the bottom drawer open. The drawer had been full of bedding and now was only half full.

“Porthos, where are you!?” Archer yelled.

Archer felt his anger rise when Porthos had stepped into the door of the bathroom, still holding evidence of his destructive day--one of Archer’s boots.

“Is that good Porthos?” Archer growled.

Porthos slowly dropped the boot and looked back up at Archer.

“You’re bad!” Archer shook his finger at the dog as he stormed toward him

Porthos bolted, flying past Archer and slipping through the crack in the closet door.

“Porthos!” Archer yelled.

Archer threw open the door but didn’t find Porthos. He reached over to slide the doors the other direction but stopped. He could hear snickering. Archer looked over his shoulder at Trip. Trip had his hand over his mouth to cover his smile, but his eyes gave him away.

“Go fix something, Charles!” Archer snapped.

Trip laughed, backing into the hallway.

“Aye, Cap’n.” Trip let his laughter go as the door closed between them.

Archer sat down on the floor with a sigh. He looked around at the torn bedding and sighed again.

“You’re a bad dog, Port,” Archer said in a quieter voice. “Regardless, I still love ya.”

Archer looked around when he felt a wet nose touch his hand. He raised his eyebrows.

“I think maybe you should stay in there until I clean this up. I’m still mad.” When the Beagle didn’t move, Archer barked, “GO!”

Porthos slunk back into the safety of the closet. Archer got up and started to clean his quarters.


Back to Chapter 4
Continue to Chapter 6

Like it? Hate it? Just want to point out a typo? Join the discussion now.

Disclaimer: Star Trek in all its various forms and its characters are the property of CBS/Paramount. No copyright infringement is intended by the authors of this site, which is solely for the purpose of entertainment and is not for profit. This site is owned by CX and was opened to the public in February 2008.