Index Star Trek: Enterprise Star Trek: The Original Series Star Trek: The Next Generation Star Trek: Deep Space Nine Star Trek: Voyager Original Work

"Who Woulda Known?"
by A. Rhea King

Rating: PG
Disclaimer: Don't own them, CBS/Paramount does.
Genre: Humor/Drama
Description: The prank wars continue to ramp up, Archer has a hard time delivering fatherly punishment, Trip and Archer take a mud bath, and the crew encounters an extra-terrestrial television ad.


Counterattack (6)

Sherie laughed with two crewmen as she turned into the mess hall. She flicked back a strand of brown hair, scanning the faces for Trip. He hadn’t returned her prank of locking him out of the computers yet. And after he had reprimanded her by making her work on the hydraulics in reclamation, she had set the timer to keep him out all day. So she was expecting retaliation at any time. Sherie got a tray and food, walked over to the resequencer and pulled a glass out of the cabinet beside it. Sherie sat it inside and pressed the order button.

“Soda, cola.”

The replicator poured cold chicken noodle soup into the glass. Sherie slowly took the glass out, looking at it. She sat the glass aside and got another, repeating the order. Again she was given cold chicken noodle soup. Sherie got another glass, deciding to try another order.

“Tea, cold, plain.”

The resequencer poured out marinara sauce. Sherie took the glass out, staring at the sauce.

“Excuse me, Sherie,” her roommate, Amanda, said.

Sherie moved aside without thinking. She looked up as Amanda requested her order.

“It’s not work—” Sherie stopped, watching the cold milk Amanda had ordered, pour into the glass.

“What?” Amanda asked her.

Sherie smiled. She grabbed a glass and handed it to Amanda.

“Order a cola soda for me.”

“Why?”

“Just do. I have a feeling I know why it’s not working for me.”

Amanda grinned, laughing. “Revenge, huh?”

“Let’s see, shall we?”

Amanda put the glass in the resequencer. “Soda, cola.”

Cola soda poured into the glass. Amanda took it, handing it to Sherie. Sherie collected the glass of marinara sauce and followed Amanda over to a table.

Sherie sat her tray down. “I’ll be right back,” Sherie said to Amanda. She picked up the glass of marinara sauce and walked away.

The five at the table watched her walk over to the captain’s mess hall door.

#

“…yeah, but he—” Trip stopped when the doorbell of the room beeped.

“Come in,” Archer said.

Sherie walked in and sat the glass of marinara sauce down beside trip.

“What’s this?” Trip asked.

“Oh. That would be cola soda.” Sherie cocked her head to the side. “I suspect it tastes good on bread. Or it would if it were warm. Have a nice evening!” She glanced at Archer. “Captain.”

Archer watched her leave and then looked at Trip. He was chewing his food, apparently hoping that would mask his grin. Archer looked at his plate.

“Day camp, maybe,” Archer muttered.

“You said summer camp last time.”

“I’m saying day camp now. Three and four year olds.”

“Interesting. Should we report that to Starfleet? Let them know lengthy time at space seems to regress humans?”

“Only you and Sherie.” Archer looked at him. “You were saying?”

“Oh. Yeah,” Trip continued his story.


Back to Chapter 5
Continue to Chapter 7

Like it? Hate it? Just want to point out a typo? Join the discussion now.

Disclaimer: Star Trek in all its various forms and its characters are the property of CBS/Paramount. No copyright infringement is intended by the authors of this site, which is solely for the purpose of entertainment and is not for profit. This site is owned by CX and was opened to the public in February 2008.