Index Star Trek: Enterprise Star Trek: The Original Series Star Trek: The Next Generation Star Trek: Deep Space Nine Star Trek: Voyager Original Work

"Honeymoon Evening"
Honeymoon Journey (and Delights) – Day One
By Asso


PART 2- The After-Dinner Evening.

Rating: PG
Genre: Romance (Trip/T'Pol), yet once again sweet . . . very, very sweet.
Disclaimer: Star Trek: Enterprise is owned by Paramount, not me. No infringement intended, no profit made.
Spoilers: Please, don't be angry! Always the same story: all and nothing. Many suggestions stolen here and there.

Description: CAUTION! There is an Old Italian waiter, a snoop, who is just snoopy enough, no more. (I told you: MY NARCISSISM!)


Scene Two
Photobucket

It's decidedly darker, when Trip and T'Pol arrive to Boboli Gardens, for the spectacle, and this is their view of the Gardens.
Very romantic. Isn't it true? (Well... be careful, T'Pol!)

Photobucket

Oh yes! You must be very careful, T’Pol!

Photobucket

Please, observe how Boboli Garden has been made over into an unusual theatre.
And Trip and T’Pol will sit exactly where arrow points.


Where’s this "unique" couple, as my friend Lapo, the "maître", said? There's no denying that I'm very curious.

I'm peeping at the audience from behind the curtain, while mulling over the words of my friend, during our long distance conversation.

ºYeah, yeah, Vittorio! I know. My request is very strange, unusual. I know. You are right. But you know me very well. You know I never would do anything without any reason. Please, Vittorio, help me. Under the banner of our friendship. Just look at them and you will understand the why and wherefore of my request. No, no I am not mad. Well, not more than usual! What? How can you recognize them? Oh, don't worry! You will have no problem. You only must observe the people sitting in the front seats. They - she - will remain not unremarked, be sure! º

I’m smiling to myself, remembering Lapo’s way in describing the woman’s aspect.

ºGorgeous! Unique! Incomparable! º

Etcetera, etcetera, etcetera . . .

I’m perfectly aware of the fascination any bit of skirt is capable of stirring in my friend. Only platonic, sure! He loves his wife, immensely. But only I know how many times I had to appease her wrath, because of his “aesthetic appreciation of female features”, as he says. Surely like this time.

ºMarvellous woman! Expression of ineffable grace! A veritable “Venus”! º

Of course! Certainly! Once more he . . .

(*WOW! *)

By Jove! Is it she, by any chance?

Exactly in the midst of the first row there is sitting a woman . . . a woman . . . among the loveliest women I have ever seen!

Impossible for anyone, male or female, to take no notice of her.

I look at her body, tiny but very shapely and harmonious, hidden and yet skilfully unveiled by her dress, which, going up along her crossed legs, shows a generous helping of her well-turned thighs, just as her large and plunging neckline suggests without really revealing her buxom bosom, a soft and gauzy shawl wrapped around her toned shoulders, bare like her arms, resting mildly and composedly on her lap.

What an amazing . . . view!

ºThen, when you will have managed to pull up your mandible and to tear your eyes away from her curves, look at her face. º

All of a sudden I quickly close my jaw, shutting my mouth, while realizing I have just done what my friend had told me I would have done.

And I lay my look on the woman's face.

ºThe most beautiful woman’s face that you ever saw. Soft, stern and yet sweet, perfect in her fine features. And that expression... Distant and yet tender. Unique. An expression, an air absolutely… º

(*...fascinating and regal! *)

I shake my head, stunned in noticing I have used in my thought the same words Lapo did.

But I shouldn't be stunned, because I well know his ability to read and to understand people's minds. Not for anything he is "The Maître"!

So I simply sigh, lightly, while I turn my eyes on the man, listening again in my mind the talk’s continuation of my friend.

ºAnd when, finally, you will have finished stuffing your eyes of old and incorrigible male with her attractive sight, please observe the male who has the outrageous fortune to be really her male.Her man. º

(*Yeah, Lapo! I’m doing it! Are you glad? *)

ºHe’s very handsome, that’s undeniable. I’m sure that if you look around at the women sitting in the audience, you can see that a lot of female chests are deeply sighing, while the owners of these chests are glancing sidelong at him. º

(*Yes! It’s just so, doggone devil of a man! *)

ºBut the matter is not this. I merely would like you watch him while he is looking by stealth at her, when he thinks she doesn’t notice his glance. Observe, please, the pride and the endless, stunned bliss, which shines brightly in his eyes. º

(*When will you stop foreseeing my actions?!? And their?!? *)

ºAnd then look at her. See how she watches him, furtively, after his glances. Observe her sparkling eyes, while they are radiating pure and simple joy and happiness, in the utter awareness and in the glad and warm enjoyment of his… love! º

All right! All right! All right! You… bloody damned of a…maître! - (*But why didn't Dante think about an infernal circle for maîtres? *) - You were right! And once more you have been capable of dragging me into your crazy plans! But you must yet wait one moment. I want to see more, before I am completely surrendering to your ridiculous projects.

It's time to begin. The spectacle must start. I turn, for going to my spot. But, stronger than me, I feel the pressing need to watch them once again.

I turn my head to observe the couple one last time.

They are looking at one another. I see their lips are moving, as if speaking.

It looks from their faces as if she is asking and he is answering.

An utter reliance on her face, her hand now on his knee.

An all-loving protectiveness in his pose, his hand now on hers.

(*She trusts him. Totally! She knows he will not deceive her. Never! *)

ºAnyway, please don't let the Opera begin late, because you keep on peeking at them! º

I spring, abruptly!

(*Damned, damned, damned maître! You're an authentic demon! Spitted out from Dante’s hell-pits! *)


“Do you know this Opera, T’hai’la?”

“Yes, I do, Hon.”

“I suspected it. I became aware of your knowledge of music since I heard you playing the guitar.* And I saw further evidence of it later. I remember when you swapped your harmonica.”

“Well, I’m only a Sunday musician, but I love music and . . .”

“ . . . and so you also have knowledge of Italian Operas.”

“A teeny bit, yes.”

“Like this one.”

“Ahem . . . yes.”

“ T’hai’la, why are you uncomfortable?”

“ I’m not, darling.”

“T’hai’la, don’t try to hide your sensations from me. You know it’s impossible. I understood something was bothering you since when you attempted to avoid going to this spectacle.”

“I didn’t, Hon.”

“You did.”

“Honey . . .”

“You did. And frankly I don’t understand the reason, as I was perfectly able to feel your wish to watch this Opera.”

“Honey . . .”

“So?”

“Well . . . Ahem . . . You know . . . Tomorrow we must go away and get up early. I . . .”

“You?”

“I was thinking that . . . well . . . maybe we would have had not much time for . . . for . . .”

“For . . . the second night?”

“Oh . . . Yeah . . . sure . . .”

“T’hai’la, do you think I can deny anything to you? To my Ashayam?”

“Well . . . I . . .”

“That I don’t enjoy our Honeymoon, in . . . every part?”

“Babe . . .”

“Didn't I give you an . . . adequate and satisfactory demonstration that I . . . share your wishes and your delight?”

“Darlin’ . . .”

“Don't you think I might want . . . much more . . . of this peculiar part of our Honeymoon?”

“Uh . . .”

“And do you believe, by chance, that the . . . fervour . . . of our . . . intimacy . . . can be measured by its duration?”

“Sweetheart . . . “

“It was you yourself who taught all this to me. And I’m glad I have . . . learned.”

“Sweetie . . .”

“T’hai’la . . . what is there's in this Elixir of Love . . . that you don’t want me to see?”

“Nothing can be hidden from you. Isn't that right, my . . . suspicious love?”

“So it's true. You don’t want me to watch this specific Opera. Why?”

“Ah . . . There’s a lot of human nonsense. Stupid stuff, unworthy of a Vulcan female as smart as you are!”

“T’hai’la!”

“Yes, yes! It’s true! Believe me, sweetheart!”

“Ashayam!”

“Seriously, T’Pol! I . . .”

Trip!

“Oookkay! Okay! Damn stubborn woman! Just thank your lucky stars, you’re the owner of my heart!”

“Am I that, beloved?”

“Woman, you know it very well!”

“If I’m that, . . . please explain!”

“In this Opera, a story is narrated of a man who is suffering . . . torments, because of the . . . pigheaded refusal of the woman he loves . . . and who . . . loves . . . him.”

“Oh!!”

“Ah, but it’s only a light play, a pretext for the music, a . . .”

“Does . . . does this woman do . . . what I did . . . my Ashal-veh?”

“Mmmhhh nnno yyyessss! Maybe. But the man is wimpy, unconvincing, weak-willed. He’s . . .”

“He’s not like you, Ashayam. Isn’t that correct?”

“Uh . . . I . . . you . . .”

“You were thinking I could have been . . . saddened . . . by this Opera.”

“No, no! What are you crazy!?! I'm perfectly aware that Vulcans are unable to . . . ”

“ . . . be saddened? Is it so, Ashayam? Because they don’t feel? . . . Vulcans? . . . like me??”

“Aaa . . . – cough cough – . . . aaahhh it begins! It’s about to start! I think it’s better that we be quiet and watch the spectacle!”

“Yes, you’re right. It’s better. But . . .”

“But?”

“Please, T’hai’la. When the light are turned off . . . give . . . give me your hand!”


THE ELIXIR OF LOVE, by Gaetano Donizetti, begins.

Act One, Scene I

GIANNETTA AND CHORUS

Bel conforto al mietitore,
quando il sol più ferve e bolle,
sotto un faggio, appiè di un colle
riposarsi e respirar!

It's harvester's comfort
to rest and to breathe,
under a beech, at feet of a hill,
when sun blazes and boils!

………………………………………
………………………………………
………………………………………
………………………………………
………………………………………
………………………………………
………………………………………
Act One, Scene X

NEMORINO

Mi sprezza il sergente, mi burla l'ingrata,
zimbello alla gente mi fa la spietata.
L'oppresso mio core più speme non ha.
Dottore! Dottore!
Soccorso! Pietà.

Sergeant despises me.
She, ungrateful, mocks me.
She, ruthless, makes me laughing stock of the people.
My oppressed heart no longer has hope.
Doctor! Doctor! Help me! Take pity on me!

END OF ACT ONE


———————————————————————————————————————— “Adina is… cruel.”

“It’s a playful game, Hon. That's all!”

“But she promised she will marry Sergeant Belcore. If it’s true, as you taught me, that it’s love that rules the choices in Earth's marriages, why does she want to do this? She doesn't love Belcore.”

“To . . . spite Nemorino.”

“It’s . . . illogical. Maybe she doesn’t . . . love Nemorino, but why should she marry Belcore to spite Nemorino?”

“Because she . . . loves Nemorino.”

“I don’t understand.”

“Love is illogical, Hon. Adina didn’t yet understand she loves Nemorino and she wants him to suffer to take revenge on him.”

“Revenge for what?”

“Because he made her fall in love with him. Even if she doesn’t know it yet.

“I . . . don’t understand.”

“Don’t worry. Not even Adina understands. But, in the end, she will.”

“Won't she marry Belcore?”

“No. She will marry Nemorino, the man she truly loves. She won't give herself to another man; a man she doesn’t love.”

“Oh, good!”

“Well, Darling! It seems to me that tonight you are more and more speaking and acting like Humans do! Earlier, at the dinner . . . And now you are talking of love matters with a great interest and are showing a big deal of gladness for the happy end of this Opera, and . . .”

“T’hai’la… “

“Yes, Hon?“

“I . . . did.”

“Did . . . what?”

“I . . . married another man.”

“Honey!”

“I did it! And I caused your pain, and . . .”

“Hon! You had to do it! And I believe, even if Vulcans are capable of controlling their emotions, that you, too, have been hurt by your . . . forced wedding.”

“I . . . I . . . Yes, T’hai’la . . . Also I suffered. Very much.”

“So, you can see that the matter is totally different! Your wedding was . . . T’POL!?!

“T’hai’la! What? What happened?”

“Your . . . your words!”

“What did I say?”

“You said you have married another man, causing my pain, and that you have been hurt in doing that.”

“I said this, Ashayam. Yes.”

“But . . . but . . . do you mean that at that time — not now . . . but just at that time — you . . . you . . . were . . . were wanting . . . a man who wasn’t Koss . . . a man who was . . .”

“You, Ashayam. You!”

“T’Pol!”

“In those days I was . . . uncertain about what my . . . heart . . . was wanting. But now I know I asked you to come to Vulcan with me for . . . for . . .”

“T’Pol! My sweetest, sweetest love!”

“Instead I had to say goodbye to you!”

“Sweetheart!”

“You can’t even imagine how much I was grateful and glad you wanted to be present at my . . . wedding!”

“Hon . . .”

“And then . . . when I knelt in front of Koss so as to perform the marriage ceremony, I . . . I felt like I . . . was dying . . . inside.”

“T’Pol…”

“For the first time in my life I felt . . . desperation!

“Oh T’Pol!”

“For a moment I thought of invoking the Kali-fi!

“And why didn't you do it?”

“And lose even the possibility of seeing you? Koss could have killed you, and I would have lost you… forever!”

“Honey! I love you! Infinitely!”

“Also . . . at that time, T’hai’la?”

“What do you want to mean?”

“If you were . . . loving . . . me, why didn’t you tell me? Why didn’t you . . . stop me?”

“Darling . . . I . . . I told your mother the reasons why it wasn't possible for me to tell you anything.”

“My mother?”

“Your mother was a great woman. She realized I had fallen in love with you, and she spurred me to open my heart to you.”

“My mother . . . did this?”

“She did.”

“And why didn’t you do what she suggested you? And why didn’t you tell me this . . . earlier?”

“And what ever could you have done? You could have refused to accept the marriage, losing your mother. Or you could have refused to accept my love, breaking my heart, if you weren’t reciprocating my feelings. Or breaking both our hearts, if you were returning my love, and you were acting in that way because it was your duty.”

“So, you did not tell me and did nothing to stop me for . . . for . . .”

“For love, my light!”

“For . . . love . . .”

“Love is to have. But above all . . . love is to give. How could I have made your difficult choice even more complicated? And made your path . . . maybe, sadder if you were feeling . . . something for me?”

“And, in spite of your feelings, you wanted to be present at my marriage? You chose to see the woman you . . . . loved, while . . .”

“While she was uniting her life to another man. Not to me! Honey, if, in that moment, you felt as you were dying inside . . . I really died! I was losing you, forever, the one and only woman I ever loved, and ever I will love!

“Ashayam!”

“But I had to be there, with you!”

“T’hai’la . . .”

“I had to make you aware that I was understanding you, that I was close to you. That no matter what you could have thought or done . . . no matter what you could think or do, I was . . . I always will be with you. To support you, if you desire it; and to comfort you, if you want it!”

“You did put my needs before . . .”

“Your needs are my needs, sweetheart. This is a matter of fact!”

“Ashayam . . .”

“It’s true I didn’t tell you anything so far. But why should I have stirred again a pain, which fortunately no longer effects me? Tonight you asked and I answered. But enough, now. Now we are together, married. And I'm the happiest man in the universe."

“Do I make you… happy, T’hai’la? Truly?”

“How can you doubt about that?”

“So . . . I am not . . . as cruel . . . as Adina?!?”

“You’re . . . what?”

“I caused your pain many times, T’hai’la. I rejected you many times . . . too many times. I have been stupid and stubborn. I denied my . . . feelings for you for such a long a time, too long a time. I . . .”

“T’Pol! Stop it!”

“I seduced you, and when you approached me, the morning after, to talk, I . . . I treated you as a lab rat!”

“T’Pol! You . . . you were . . . scared! Vulcans don’t . . .”

“I persevered with my blind stubbornness even when we met . . . Lorian, and . . .”

“Honey! Shut up!”

“And when I began to understand the wishes of my soul, I dragged you along to my world only to provoke your greatest pain! Again!”

“Enough, T’Pol!”

“I can yet hear and . . . feel the disappointment, the bitterness of your voice when you told me that Romeo and Juliet had a greater chance than us.”

“Honey, please, forgive me! You know how I’m made! I was angry and . . .”

And you were absolutely right! In a handful of hours I had destroyed your dreams. And mine!

“T’Pol! What in hell you rambling on about? You were unable . . .

“And afterwards? After the Kir’Shara’s retrieval? After my recovered liberty? When finally we could have been together?”

“Sweetheart…”

“What did I think to do?”

“Hon . . .”

“I rejected you. Once more! I had to find . . . my true Vulcan-being! Yes! My . . . Vulcan-being!

“But it was fair, T’Pol! You . . .”

Losing you! And making you suffer! Once again!

“But I, too, caused your pain, when I left you, with those burning words! And…”

“And wasn't I deserving that?”

“But, Honey! What hell are you saying?”

“I’m saying that even after I almost felt my heart breaking when I saw you dying because of that fatal viral disease . . . even at that moment I foolishly tried to ignore, to fight obstinately against your . . . and MY desires! So that you rightfully got angry with me… and did go away! Away . . . from me!”

“But I came back and . . .”

“Yes! You came back! In that way! Moving forward dangerously, holding a subtle thread between our two ships! Risking your life to save us from death. To save ME from death!”

“But, Darlin’! I had to do that! Otherwise you . . . oh . . . ah . . . I . . . I want to say . . . otherwise all of you were dead!”

“I was holding my breath, watching you proceed along that thread. I had to force myself to remain seated, to not leap out of my chair!”

“Oh T’Pol!”

“And then, when finally you were back . . . over again . . . OVER AGAIN! I showed my stupid coldness . . .”

“But you’re Vulcan, my love! The logic is your way. You can’t . . .”

“What sort of logic can it be in denying what one is? What one wants? I was wanting you back, and only your threat to go away again forced me to say that I . . . I . . . was wanting you back!”

“Oh, but . . . Honey! You kissed me!”

“Finally I did at least one right thing!”

“Well! I must say . . . damn right!”

“No! Don’t joke, T’hai’la!”

“Darlin’ . . .”

“Don’t joke, please! Because only the greatest pain I ever felt drove me at last to understand that I . . . desperately . . . need you! It had been necessary, the death of our daughter . . .”

“T’Pol!”

“ . . . to confess to you my addiction…

“T’Pol, please! Stop!”

“ . . . to bring me to accept the truth…”

“T’Pol! Please . . .”

“ . . . that without you in my life, I’m . . . lost!”

“Oh God!

“I denied, I denied, I denied! I made you suffer horribly! I . . . I’m crueller . . . than Adina!

“T’Pol! Stop feeling sorry for yourself! You rave!”

“T’hai’la . . .”

“You are T’Pol! My marvellous, splendid, incomparable T’Pol!”

“Ashayam . . .”

“You are the woman you are! The woman I love!”

“Ashal-veh!”

“The woman I love because you are what you are.”

“Trip, I . . . ”

“Let the others think what the devil they want to think! I know very well whom you are! A cold Vulcan female, right? Ah! You are the sweetest, the most thoughtful, the most openhearted woman of the universe!

“T’hai’la . . .”

“You don’t cry, do you? You don’t smile, do you? You are deadpan, emotionless! But what the hell can I find in a woman like you?”

“Trip!”

You! That’s what i can find! You! the most beautiful flower of the creation!

“Oh Trip!”

“Oh but what cruel a woman was the woman who helped me to heal from the sorrow caused by my sister’s death! How much . . . harshness . . . in this woman!”

“T’hai’la . . . I did it also for me. Neuropressure was a way to let me to be intimate with you, without . . . shame. I . . .”

“But damn… smart… of a woman! When you will finish saying nonsense tonight?

“But I…”

“You know perfectly how the flame of your heart warmed me, allowing my recovery. And then, who cares about the how and the why? Love moves in a mysterious way. Bless your neuropressure selfishness!”

“I . . .”

“T’Pol! You are THE WOMAN! You are… the woman for me!”

“Oh T’hai’la…”

“Enough, now, sweetie! Enough! Cease this foolish talk! Cease… Well! Do you know that this evening it sounds we are talking… a little bit stupidly… just as … truelovers?”

“And aren’t we that, Ashayam?”

“Truelovers?”

“Y… y… yes! Two… two…”

“Ah ah! No no, darling! Don’t struggle to utter this word! Don’t forget you are Vulcan, after all! But… I’m… glad… you tried to do. And that you think we are that.”

“My… my pleasure!”

“Oh God! Tonight you decided to stun me! But I'm worried! You are too emotional tonight. Not good. It’s bad for you. Maybe it wasn't good we accepted the maître's invitation. I think it’s better that we leave.”

“Why say you this?”

“Music is made in order to stir emotions. Especially the Italian Operas. I don’t want you to be hurt.”

“T’hai’la, as I earlier said, I can control my emotions with your help. And then… “

“And then?”

“Trip, I started my… addiction because my exposure to Trellium-D on that vulcan ship in the Expanse had allowed me to feel… emotions. But they were wiggling inside me since a long time before, since the moment… I met you. Especially an emotion, ever experienced by me till then, an emotion that I was unable to understand at that time. You… you well know which emotion! Trellium allowed me to savour emotions, and… THAT emotion, in particular. I wanted… more. I wanted to… savour… that emotion, that… feeling… deeper! Even if, in those days, I… didn’t want to recognize the truth.”

“Hon…”

“And, believe me T’hai’la, absolutely... totally... undoubtedly... definitely... utterly... wholly... unquestionably... I now have no regrets at having done… what I have done.”

“Oh darling!”

“In any case, I don’t be… scared… by emotions. I’m afraid they can overwhelm me. But, if you are with me, I can control them, and I can… relish them. So…”

“So?”

“I don’t want to leave. I want to listen to music and watch the Opera. I… enjoy the spectacle. And, if you are close to me, I’m sure I can do it without… fear.”

“Very well, sweetheart! As you wish!”

“Only…”

“Only?”

“Please, T’hai’la. When the light will be dampenedd yet again… hold… hold my hand. Tightly. Yet again!”

AND next the Conclusion . . .


Back to Part 1
Continue to Part 3

Like it? Hate it? Just want to point out a typo? Join the discussion now.

Disclaimer: Star Trek in all its various forms and its characters are the property of CBS/Paramount. No copyright infringement is intended by the authors of this site, which is solely for the purpose of entertainment and is not for profit. This site is owned by CX and was opened to the public in February 2008.