Index Star Trek: Enterprise Star Trek: The Original Series Star Trek: The Next Generation Star Trek: Deep Space Nine Star Trek: Voyager Original Work

"The Firebrand"
By Cincoflex

Rating: NC-17
Disclaimer: all characters from and references to "Enterprise" belong to Paramount.

Description: Mind Meld Story Challenge


He wasn't sure what the hell was happening.

First She got sick; He remembered that clearly; Her normally bronze complexion darkened and Her eyes grew to an almost mahogany color as the heat raced through Her. Vaguely He remembered Phlox growing alarmed, and words like 'serious' and 'resistant' being muttered in hushed tones in long conversations under the Sickbay lights. She had called for Him in croaky tones, had feverishly demanded His presence like some haughty queen, and it would have been funny as hell if She hadn't been radiating enough heat to scorch the sheets under Her. He remembered kneeling by the bed, remembered Phlox ordering everyone else out of the room . . .

He heard Her voice in the darkness, a hollow whispering call, and since there was nothing else to do, He followed the sound of His own name, deeper and deeper into the heat.

The first thing He stumbled across was a string of beads. Big beads, colorful and bright, with pictures of animals on them. He bent to pick it up, thinking it was exactly the sort of thing a baby--

--a baby. Small, with the wide unblinking eyes of wondrous surprise, the baby holding the other end of the string stared at Him. He squatted down, looking at Her with growing amusement, noting the pointed eartips, the pouty mouth, the saggy diaper.

< Darlin, is that you? > He tried not to laugh.

< A memory of me> came the voice, dryly. < I would appreciate if you would just pick me up, please. >

He did, feeling the light weight of Her. She smelled sweetly of soap and milk, and those wide eyes studied Him carefully.

< Damn you were *cute*--just like a lil' bitty elf. > He wiggled his nose at Her. She blinked, and sneezed a tiny chuff.

< We must go deeper. Take me with you. >

He settled Her on one hip and looked around. Darkness roiled around Him, and He waited until the voice whispered again.

< This way-- >

He strolled on, suddenly grateful for the warm weight, not wanting His fear to show. She crammed a small fist in Her mouth as around them, images flared up when they passed.

Craggy mountains, ochre deserts of lonely beauty, rugged landscapes that no human could dream of conquering flashed by, and He could feel Her nostalgia clearly.

< Home? >

< A romanticized version, but yes. Vulcan. >

They walked on. He looked at Her, and She was larger, a toddler with longer locks and a solemn expression. She grabbed His nose experimentally. He set Her down and took Her hand.

< Don't let go-- >

< I will not. > She assured him, Her small fingers locking around His index finger. He took comfort in the feel of it. They strode forward, taking small steps so She could keep up.

< Uh, where the hell are we? > He demanded, hearing things just out of sight all around Him. Images around Him shifted to people and places in a dizzying whirl of speed.

< Within me. I need your help. > The hollow voice weakly told Him.

The child hanging onto His hand grew. Her features lost their baby roundness, gained intelligence and focus. Her legs developed in the spindly fashion of a colt. He felt a tenderness as Her grip tightened and She moved faster, pulling him.

The heat increased. He almost fell, but Her hand in His kept Him from stumbling to the ground. She knew Her way. The hand grew longer, stronger. Drawing in a deep breath, He increased His pace to catch up with Her, taking courage from Her touch.

The darkness faded, and He looked up, focusing on a long corridor. The walls were strong grey stone, and doors appeared it every few feet. Most had labels in Vulcan, the curvy musical-note shaped letters carved deep. A few were in English, including one to His right. He stepped forward to read the words on it.

MATHEMATICAL CONCEPTS

He paused and looked at the teenager beside Him.

< Another memory? >

< In part. An archive of factual formulas. We must go deeper. > She urged quietly.

< No! Just tell me, are we in your mind? >

< Yes. >

< But why am I here? You're sick, there's nothing I can do in here, Darlin'! > He told Her desperately. She shook Her head.

< You have something I need if I am to survive, Commander Charles Tucker. >

< I do? >

She let go of His hand and pressed Her palm over His heart; He felt a surge of something painfully sweet swell within Him, a feeling so strong it made Him wobble a bit.

< This. >

< But you never *wanted* it before--even when I practically threw it at your feet! > He shouted.

She looked at Him with dark eyes so wide He could see Himself reflected in them, see His tousled hair and worried expression.

< I . . . was . . . afraid. >

< Thanks for the bulletin. >

She withdrew Her hand and stared at it, Her embarrassment radiating in almost visual waves. He crossed His arms, waiting.

< I saw it conceived, > She murmured. < When I chose you over death. I denied it even as I watched it grow. I would not admit my need for it. And now in my last extremity--I will not beg. Farewell.>

She brought Her face up, and He finally saw what lay beyond Her bleak enthralled gaze. Before He could speak, She resolutely turned away, and moved quickly, down the hallway towards the malignant darkness that obscured the end. Panic hit Him hard; He ran after Her blindly. She was quicker. The stone walls gave way to steel, and gradually to a thick opaque glass.

He stopped running, trying to catch His breath, distracted by the walls and doors. The signs were catching His attention: MEMORIES, PAINFUL TRUTHS, SECRETS. Most looked as if they hadn't been opened in years.

Another door: SHAMEFUL THOUGHTS AND DEEDS.

Pausing, He lightly resting His fingertips on the door of swirling scarlet smoke, wondering how deep the room behind it could be, and what in Hell could possibly be filling the space in there. He bit His lip, knowing He must move on, but secretly, shamefully longing for a peek; His hand touched the cold cut glass knob, twisting it easily--

< No.> He decided.

He shook His head regretfully, staring at His fingers. The door vibrated. Startled, He jumped back, licking His lips and gritting His teeth as He warred again with temptation. A soft erotic moan slid out from the edges of the doorsill, the throbbing sound making Him break into a sweat.

< No! > He shook His head again. With the rawboned courage of His pioneering ancestors, He turned away and began running again, resolutely setting His thoughts to finding Her, and leaving behind the dark enticement of the door.

The hallway dropped and began to spiral downward. The doors were smaller now, and crowded together. One door caught His eye; it was bricked up, with tiny bits of something bright and spangley caught around the sill. The small sign on the door read WHIMSY. He swore He could see the curly edges creak and give a bit as He passed by.

On the left side, a huge polished double door was barred and bolted with locks of every kind. He managed a wry smile as He glanced at the flowery over-ornate engraved and gem encrusted label: PRIDE.

< Nice to see even *you* know it for what it is, Darlin> He told the empty hall as He hurried on.

The darkness took on a disturbing density now, and He could feel its oppressive heat cling to the edges of His presence. He pressed on, sensing a rise in agitation through the darkness.

She sat cross-legged on the dry sand of Her own mind, eyes opening only when He approached and stood before Her.

< I was mistaken to bring you here > She calmly told Him, looking up. < You are free to go.>

< I know.> He replied cautiously. < But I choose not to. >

< Indeed. Why? >

< Because you invited me here. > He thrust his jaw out at Her daring Her to deny it. She slowly rose up. < Jest by bringing me here, you've admitted it. >

< An unspoken truth?>

< Deeds define love, Darlin, not words.> he countered fiercely. She stepped closer, looking up at Him with a gaze every bit as fierce and powerful as His own. The air around them thrummed. The darkness receded from the intensity.

< You are gloating. > She told Him. He lifted His chin, a quirky smile crossing His mouth as He crossed His arms.

< Jest indulging in my humanity for a moment here. It's been a long time coming for me to finally hear you admit it, T'Pol. >

< Have you considered that it may merely be a desperate lie to bring you here, Commander--? >

< Your poker face ain't that good, Darlin, > He smilingly accused. She lifted an elegant brow. He bent His head to kiss her; His lips brushed the silk of Hers--

She faded, essence swirling away in rusty smoke tendrils caressing His face. His mouth tightened in anger and panic, He looked around the darkness.

< T'Pol! >

Faintly echoing in His mind, the hollow whisper of Her voice, the faintest hint of Her exotic scent.

< My strength is fading. >

< I'm here! What must I do? >

< Love me. > Came the soft subtle request.

He blinked, mind working furiously, trying to dissect Her request, to render everything She wanted from it, all She could possibly mean by it. The darkness began to press in around Him, heat throbbing at a speed He recognized as Her pulse. He shook His head.

< All right. > Slowly, He reached for the tab of His uniform and unzipped it. He undressed in deliberation, each action slow and purposeful. Once He was done, He stood, naked on the dry sand and took a deep breath. He felt her unseen smile on His skin, and the pressure of it was no more than a puff of breath.

< Me. Scars and bones and skin and fur, woman. Nothin' you haven't seen before. >

No reply came to this. He shifted His feet.

< Hell's bells, I'm standing here voluntarily bare-assed *naked* in your thoughts, T'Pol--doesn't that even rate a smirk? >

< I am savoring the moment, > came Her barely audible reply. He grinned.

< That's my girl. > He strode forward; darkness thinned and dissipated when He did so.

Slowly, He found his pace, and walked on, feeling a tingle on His skin, like the tiniest electrical current, the prickle of biting on foil. He drew in a breath, waiting for Her to direct Him. The sands under His feet began to grow warmer.

< T'Pol- > He called uncertainly, looking up and around the airless empty grey plain. He sensed Her nearby.

< My thoughts are draining away, > came the quiet whisper. A faint note of panic touched Her words. came Her plea.

His brow furrowed, and He stretched His arms out.

< How? >

A pause grew around him suddenly, an aching chill of a moment.

< As first you did, before we joined. >

He flushed, a scowl crossing his face; He hid it under a wiping hand. Traitorously His body stiffened and He gave a harsh embarrassed sigh. Long, long moments ticked by. Finally He called,

< You're kidding! T'Pol, If you mean what I *think* you do-->

There was no reply; He bit His upper lip uncertainly and closed His eyes, trying to concentrate. The darkness leaked around Him, like ink in grey water. He crossed His arms across His chest, tucking His hands into His armpits.

< T'Pol, it's just that--well--that's a real *private* sorta thing-->

< And you are standing in my soul, Charles Sartorius Tucker. > Came the painfully dry retort. He gave a little headshake, like a man trying to wake Himself after a bad nightmare.

< Can't get out of it, huh? >

< It is the keystone between your heart and mine>

His pulse jumped, and He closed His eyes, turning His focus inward, taking a deep breath. Harder than admitting fear. Harder than facing death. Harder.

< Can you see my thoughts? >

< Yes. > The voice was lighter than the flutter of a moth's wings.

< Okay. > He shifted, spreading His bare feet, widening His stance as He let time roll back in His mind.

< First day, first hour, first minute I saw you walk in--God help me--you had the finest rack I had ever seen . . . > He admitted with a painful gulp. < I don't care *how* politically incorrect or sexist or lust-driven it sounds, Darlin' it's the truth. I don't think I even figured out the color of your eyes until at least a month later. >

A hint of a smile brushed Him and His mouth twisted wryly. He rubbed His face again.

< Yes, I was then and still am, a sexist pig, T'Pol. >

He bit his lips, re-living the salacious surge of that day, the quick flush of searing physical response to the tight catsuit, the coolly defiant expression on Her face in return.

< I know. Your scent that day was--assertive, to say the least. >

< Probably. And even though I had a lot of other things on my mind, I took your image to bed with me that night. >

Old fantasies opened like juicy oysters; humiliated, He gritted His teeth, even as His flesh responded, surging forth. A soft sigh wrapped around Him as the dizzying images slid across His memory.

< I intrigued you> She sounded surprised, flattered, and He gave a sharp nod.

< Yeah. > One of His hands slid down His chest and He fought the urge to shift it lower.

< Lust? >

< In spades. But more than even that, Darlin'. I lusted to *break* you, to bend that icy cold stubborn Vulcan demeanor to my will. I wanted you--> He admitted in shame.

< Intriguing. >

< Indecent, > came His grudging reply.

< Hardly unique. >

Suddenly, shockingly, the door of red smoke swung open before Him on the grey sand, the rivulets of scarlet steam hissing. His blue eyes widened as He witnessed Her erotic dreams, their lascivious visions slithering through the door in slick display. He swallowed hard, hands moving out to grip the edges of the doorway, clinging to them for support.

< Oh my Gawd, woman! You're a Vulcan, you can't have *thoughts* like this--! >

< Libido is biologically older than logic. > Her voice held a hint of apology. He gritted his teeth, suddenly aware of His own turgid flesh demanding attention.

< But this was even *before* we-- >

< Yes. You were not the only one intrigued. I could face you during the waking hours, Commander with little or no difficulty. But once asleep, it was not possible to regulate thoughts generating from the libido. I remember them all: every dream, every unbidden image or thought or whim concerning you. And the one that fascinated me most-- >

He blushed at the scene in the doorway. Glancing down the length of His body, He drew in a deep breath, shoulders squaring up.

< You're serious. >

< When am I anything else, Commander? >

< You want--? >

< Yes. It would--save me-- >

< I don't even wanna know how. > His reluctance sloughed away even as He tightened His jaw. He rolled His head and let it drop to His chest, then nodded to Himself.

< For you. Yes. >. He confessed in a husky whisper. Slowly He let His hands glide down across His hard chest, press over His tight abdomen and lean hips. He closed His eyes forcefully as pleasurable sensations tingled through Him.

One lightly caressing stroke to start--unbidden, the mental image of Her naked chest appeared, blackly exciting. He dropped to His knees in the sand before the red smoke door, parting them, concentrating. Bright pearls welled up at the end of His throbbing shaft; with the familiarity of long practice He ran His palm over then, coating His hand.

An old intimate grip, slick yet stiff all in one thrusting rub. After a while, a tiny groan rumbled deep in His throat as His hand began to pump, finding a well-remembered rhythm.

< Yesss. > Came His groan.

His stroking intensified as His flesh responded gratefully. Looking into the doorway, He gritted His teeth, barely able to keep His moans choked back. The fleeting, haunting visions there seared through Him. Stretched out on His bed, slender bare thighs parted for Him, growling His name, Her long hands caressing Him, the sight of Her kneeling naked before Him with slick pink lips . . . His breathing grew ragged, and His spine arched.

< Christ! T'Pol! >

With a low sob of wretched release, He felt Himself spurt furiously, the bubbling gobs of semen spilling over in the air to fall away into the sand below, hissing. He trembled, and He dropped His head forward, wet bangs plastered against his pale face.

Naked, serene, She stepped through the door, reaching Her hand down to Him, pulling Him up into Her arms. He gathered Her up, letting their bodies mold together in the perfect fit they had always made.

< I am well. >

< To be honest I'm not feeling' too bad either--but- >

< There are matters beyond knowing--things understood but not definable through the laws of science or fact, Commander. What you have done for me here is one of them. A need was met, a love given beyond the touch of bodies or minds. An act of-- >

< --Intimacy. >. He finished, brushing His mouth against Her forehead. She gave a very slight nod.

< I've seen your mind, and you've seen mine. I've made love to ya not only in my thoughts but in yours as well. Does it get any better than this? > He teased. She arched an eyebrow at Him.

A sudden pool of white light flared around them. He looked up, into the Outness that was pulling them off of the sand, away. Her calm reply echoed in His head.

< Yes. For I love you. >

END

Like it? Hate it? Just want to point out a typo? Join the discussion now.

Disclaimer: Star Trek in all its various forms and its characters are the property of CBS/Paramount. No copyright infringement is intended by the authors of this site, which is solely for the purpose of entertainment and is not for profit. This site is owned by CX and was opened to the public in February 2008.