Index Star Trek: Enterprise Star Trek: The Original Series Star Trek: The Next Generation Star Trek: Deep Space Nine Star Trek: Voyager Original Work

"Boomer Bust"
by Lady Rainbow

Rating: PG-13
Disclaimer: Not mine. Wish they were.
Notes: Our guys get into more trouble. Lots of trouble.

As usual: Comments and Reviews wanted and appreciated! Thanks! ;)


Five

Travis swore under his breath as he made another circuit around the spaceport. He checked all the lounges, the bar and the observation ports. The food court turned up empty. The gaming tables were crowded with non-Humans. So where were they? He feared their cover had been blown and their mission compromised.

Malcolm's the best in the business. He'd get Philippe to safety no matter what the cost. Unless he'd been incapacitated in some way or he'd been kil-- Travis shied away from that thought. The Armory Officer had survived before; he wasn't dead.

“Captain! Captain Raymond!” A Khorian scampered up to Travis as fast as its little legs could carry him. Its face reminded Travis of a huge rat with six-inch fangs and an overdose of hair stimulant. The extra-long tail whipped around and nearly smacked Travis in the face.

“Whoa!” he automatically reached out a hand to steady the Khorian as it skidded to a stop. “You need to reverse those thrusters, kid, before you collide with a Klingon. Who are you and how did you know my name?”

“I'm Thor, Captain Sandosh sent me, and your friends are at Dock 46 with some nasty fe'fach.” The Khorian tugged at Travis's arm. “Come! Come!”

Travis didn't argue. They pushed their way through the crowd and squeezed into a turbolift headed for the docking ports. It wasn't hard to locate the right deck; people rushed past them in the opposite direction as the sounds of weapons fire echoed off the steel walls. He borrowed some curse words from Hoshi as he waded through the stampede. A fight usually meant “Run the other way”, and sometimes, that included the spaceport's security.

Dock 46's doors had been blown open. Travis unholstered his blaster and plunged through them, tucking himself into a roll and coming up behind some tall boxes of supplies. He managed to spot an unconscious Philippe in the arms of a burly, green-skinned Orion.

Orions? Oh, hell! Just as Travis had the thought, a laser sliced through the air and pierced the Orion's shoulder; he howled and staggered back, dropping Philippe like a sack of potatoes. The entire docking bay shuddered as a concussion hit the place. Travis blinked and found himself plastered against the opposite wall from where he'd been hiding. Suddenly, his legs refused to hold him up and he slid to the deck.

“Oh, you poor dear,” cooed a feminine voice. “You're hurt. Let me take care of you. That's a nasty bump on your head...shall I kiss it and make it better? Or would you rather I do something else?”

Travis opened his eyes to see an Orion woman standing over him. She was about Hoshi's height, with clear blue eyes and black hair spilling over her shoulders. She licked her lips and ran a finger down his jaw. Despite himself, Travis shivered at her touch. He couldn't move, despite his efforts, and his mind screamed in agony. She reached for something at her belt, a jeweled collar attached to a chain.

“You're pretty. Maybe I should just keep you for myself, hmmm? I think I can convince Montclaire to leave you to me—-”

A massive fist came out of nowhere and slammed into the back of the woman's head. She dropped like a stone, the collar clattering to her side. To Travis's shock, Captain Sandosh pulled him roughly to his feet. “Shake it off, boy!” he growled. “You Humans go weak-kneed at the smell of a woman!”

Travis looked across the bay. Another Orion woman carried Philippe up the ramp to a cargo tug, and a third dragged a semi-conscious Malcolm close behind. To Travis's horror, he had one of those collars around his neck, but he was still fighting. His captor looked down at him with the expression of an mother indulging a small child. She pushed a button on her bracelet and a crackle of energy went through Malcolm's body. He didn't even have time to cry out; the shock was enough to paralyze him long enough to be dragged up the ramp.

“They're getting away!” chittered Thor as he skidded to a stop next to Travis.

“I know where they're going,” Travis said. “Alpha Centauri. Captain Sandosh, looks like I'm gonna take your offer for a ride.”

Sandosh grinned and clapped him on the shoulder. “Pleased to have you with us. Let's get back to the Vhrum. We have friends waiting for us.”

Vhrum ?” Travis asked with a smile. “Vhroom?”

“I've heard all the Human jokes. Don't even start, Captain Raymond.”

The Vhrum was a Class J transport and by the time it left the dock, the tugs were already approaching the edge of the system. Travis was close to panicking, but Sandosh seemed calm as they settled on a pursuit course. The Tellarite glanced back at him with a serene expression.

“We've had upgrades,” he said. “Engine room.”

“Yeah? We're all ready to go down here, Cap'n.”

Travis started at the familiar voice. What the--he can't be here, it's impossible...

“Take us to full impulse.” The engines surged at the command and suddenly, Auring Five was shrinking to a dot in the viewscreen. Sandosh seemed to be enjoying Travis's stunned state. “Take us to warp as soon as we clear the system.”

“Warp?” Travis squeaked. He felt as if he was losing control of the situation. Not that he had much control over it anyway. “This bucket has warp?”

“I told you we have upgrades,” Sandosh said. “My engineer tells me that Class Five engines are overrated.”

The turbolift doors opened behind them and two Humans stepped onto the Bridge. Travis stared at the grinning face of Commander Trip Tucker. He grabbed Travis into a bear hug and Travis laughed at the unexpected reunion.“Remember what I said, if ya ever needed an engineer, I'd sign up? Ya got yourself one bonafide engineer, Cap'n.”

“Ah, thanks--” His gaze fell on the woman standing next to him. Hoshi Sato also wore a smile, but it was tinged with worry. Travis reached for her and pulled her into a welcoming hug.

“Travis,” she said.

“We'll get them back, Hoshi,” he murmured. “Both of them.”


Back to Part 4
Continue to Part 6

Like it? Hate it? Just want to point out a typo? Join the discussion now.

Disclaimer: Star Trek in all its various forms and its characters are the property of CBS/Paramount. No copyright infringement is intended by the authors of this site, which is solely for the purpose of entertainment and is not for profit. This site is owned by CX and was opened to the public in February 2008.