Index Star Trek: Enterprise Star Trek: The Original Series Star Trek: The Next Generation Star Trek: Deep Space Nine Star Trek: Voyager Original Work

"All Things Considered"
by A. Rhea King

Rating: PG
Disclaimer: Don't own them, CBS/Paramount does.
Genre: Humor/Romance
Description: There are some things that are the same across the universe, even for captains learning never stops, everyone can appreciate a skinny dip, and sometimes just hearing your love's voice is enough.


Hurry Up and Wait (1)

Trip heaved a sigh, staring at the floor under his foot. He tapped the toe of his shoe a couple of times, looking to his left. T’Pol was standing next to him with her hands pulled behind her back looking stern as usual. Beside her Archer was slumped in his chair with his arms folded across his chest and his eyes closed. Trip looked up, watching aliens pass back and forth in front of him; some were hurrying, some were strolling. He let out another sigh and then grimaced. Trip readjusted his buttocks on the case he was sitting on, aware that the latches were probably leaving dent marks through his uniform, union suit and underwear. Trip let out a loud, heavier sigh.

“How does sighing every ten seconds help expedite our way through customs?” T’Pol asked.

Trip looked up at her. She was watching him, expecting an answer.

“It doesn’t.”

T’Pol’s eyebrows rose. “Does it release tension?”

“No, it makes it worse.” Archer said. He didn’t open his eyes or move from his slumped position. “Stop it, Trip. It’s really getting annoying.”

Trip frowned, looking down at the floor. “Can’t you just hand me my book, Cap’n?”

“Trip, it’s not here. I already looked. Just sit there and stop sighing. Please.”

“Yes, sir.”

“Everything checks out,” an alien woman said as she walked up. She handed a PADD to T’Pol adding with a pleasant smile, “Welcome to Tarkilm. Have a good stay.”

The woman turned and walked off.

“Six hours later…sure!” Trip said to himself.

Trip stood and picked up the case he had been sitting on. He turned; finding Archer still slumped in his chair.

“Sir?”

“Shh…the daydream’s starting to get good here.”

Trip laughed. “Shoulda thought of that past time. Can we please move, sir? My a— legs are stiff.”

Archer smiled up at Trip. “My a— legs are too.” He stood and picked up his bag.

With Archer leading, the three walked in the direction of the exit.


Continue to Chapter 2

Like it? Hate it? Just want to point out a typo? Join the discussion now.

Disclaimer: Star Trek in all its various forms and its characters are the property of CBS/Paramount. No copyright infringement is intended by the authors of this site, which is solely for the purpose of entertainment and is not for profit. This site is owned by CX and was opened to the public in February 2008.