Index Star Trek: Enterprise Star Trek: The Original Series Star Trek: The Next Generation Star Trek: Deep Space Nine Star Trek: Voyager Original Work

"Borderline"
by A. Rhea King

Rating: PG
Disclaimer: Don't own them, CBS/Paramount does.
Genre: Humor
Description: Archer discovers Ten-Hut, spoils the kids, and tries to convince the crew he's king, the crew have to answer for a food fight, Trip introduces his girlfriend to the finer points of snowball fights, and alien King Idnd asks Archer's advice on parenting.


08:45 (5)

Trip’s brow furrowed when he glanced at the shuttle bay door.

“We can’t wait forever, Trip,” Malcolm said.

“Give him another minute.”

“He’s already forty minutes late. Just go. T’Pol’s got to be wondering what happened to us.”

Trip tapped the console. “Trip to the bridge.”

“Go ahead,” Archer replied.

“Have you found him yet?”

“No. He’s not responding to COM and didn’t answer his door. I had security check his quarters and he wasn’t there. Someone said they saw him heading toward the showers twenty minutes ago.”

Trip sighed. “We need to leave. Can you handle this?”

“Yeah.”

“Thanks. Trip out.”

Trip initiated launch.

#

Lieutenant Kent strolled into the shuttle bay and stopped. There were no shuttle pods in the shuttle bay, much to his surprise. He walked to the companel and pressed the talk button.

“Kent to Commander Tucker.”

Lieutenant Kent waited.

“Lieutenant Kent, where have you been?” Archer asked over the companel.

Lieutenant Kent looked at the companel, surprised Archer was responding.

“I’m sorry, sir?”

“Did you know that it’s oh-nine hundred and forty-five hours?” Archer asked.

“Yes, sir.”

“And where were you at oh-eight hundred and forty-five hours?”

“I was asleep sir. I didn’t need to report to the shuttle bay until oh-nine hundred and forty-five hours in order to meet the rest of the away team. I’m here but there aren’t any shuttles.”

“There aren’t any shuttles because you were supposed to meet them at oh-eight hundred and forty-five hours, Lieutenant.”

“In the meeting Commander Tucker said oh-nine—”

“He said oh-eight hundred and forty-five hours and everyone else on the away mission showed up at oh-eight hundred and forty-five hours and are currently setting up on the planet right now.”

Lieutenant Kent said nothing. Archer had just made an all too clarifying point.

“Lieutenant Kent, respond.”

“I misheard the time, sir,” Lieutenant Kent said quietly.

Archer paused. “You really thought it was oh-nine hundred and forty-five hours, didn’t you Aaron?”

“Yes, sir.”

“Come up to the bridge and let me redo your schedule for this week.”

“Aye, sir. I’m sorry about this, sir.”

“It was a misunderstanding. Nothing to apologize for. Report to the bridge.”

“On my way, sir,” Lieutenant Kent turned, leaning against the wall. He looked around the shuttle bay, saying to himself, “I really, really wanted to go.”

With a heavy sigh, Lieutenant Kent headed for the bridge.


Back to Chapter 4
Continue to Chapter 6

Like it? Hate it? Just want to point out a typo? Join the discussion now.

Disclaimer: Star Trek in all its various forms and its characters are the property of CBS/Paramount. No copyright infringement is intended by the authors of this site, which is solely for the purpose of entertainment and is not for profit. This site is owned by CX and was opened to the public in February 2008.