Index Star Trek: Enterprise Star Trek: The Original Series Star Trek: The Next Generation Star Trek: Deep Space Nine Star Trek: Voyager Original Work

"Fiction Wins"
by A. Rhea King

Rating: PG
Disclaimer: Don't own them, CBS/Paramount does.
Genre: Humor
Description: Trip and Archer investigate a sunken city, Sherie and Trip haven't finished their prank war yet, Archer and his pooch enjoy play time, and Hoshi's penpal returns.


Ambush (3)

Malcolm looked around when someone reached out and snatched his arm. He stumbled into the joint hall; surprised to find Sherie was the person that had grabbed him.

“My advise to you, sir, is not to use the sleeping back with the green zipper. And make sure no one else but Trip uses it. Just a suggestion, sir.”

“Malcolm,” Archer called from down the hall.

“I’ll make note of it, Ensign.” Malcolm ran to catch up with Trip and Archer.

#

“Up and at ‘em,” Archer said.

“Just ten more minutes,” Trip murmured.

“Come on. We got work to do. Get up! Archer ordered.

Trip looked over at Archer. He was already dressed and putting on his boots. “We should go fishing.”

Archer shot a smirk at Trip. “Get up.”

Trip reached up and pulled on the zipper. It didn’t budge. Trip tugged on it several times.

“Get up, Trip,” Archer ordered.

Trip let his head drop back. “I can’t.”

Archer zipped up his uniform and knelt on one knee. “Why not?”

“The zipper is stuck,” Trip looked at Archer. “Oddly enough.”

Archer knelt down beside him and tired to pull the zipper loose. It wouldn’t budge. He leaned closer, seeing a clear shiny substance surrounding the top of the zipper. He sat back, smirking.

“This has been glued shut. Looks like thread lock glue too. The kind that only sets after the teeth or grooves connect. Too bad this isn’t a regular sleeping bag, Trip, you could just wiggle right out of it.”

“I am gonna get so even with her.”

Archer stood up. “You get to sleep in after all, Trip. C-ya!”

“No, Cap’n. Cap’n!” Trip called, watching Archer leave the tent. “CAP’N!” Archer didn’t return. “ARCHER! JONATHAN ARCHER!”

Archer stood outside laughing. Malcolm was sitting on the ground laughing with Ensign Cutler leaning against him holding her stomach from her own laughter.

“You were right. She did something. Thread lock glue,” Archer told Malcolm.

“What do you propose we do now?”

“We need to get up that mountain before noon. Best get to hiking.”

“You’re going to leave him like that, are you?” Malcolm asked.

“Ensign Johnson had a good view when I brought it up with her. These two are the ones choosing to keep this going. If they want to keep it going, we should really let them kill each other. He’ll figure some way out of it. Let’s go.”

Behind them Trip yelled, “I AM DISOWNING YOU AS MY FRIEND JONATHAN ARCHER!”

The three didn’t stop walking.


Back to Chapter 2
Continue to Chapter 4

Like it? Hate it? Just want to point out a typo? Join the discussion now.

Disclaimer: Star Trek in all its various forms and its characters are the property of CBS/Paramount. No copyright infringement is intended by the authors of this site, which is solely for the purpose of entertainment and is not for profit. This site is owned by CX and was opened to the public in February 2008.