Index Star Trek: Enterprise Star Trek: The Original Series Star Trek: The Next Generation Star Trek: Deep Space Nine Star Trek: Voyager Original Work

"Fiction Wins"
by A. Rhea King

Rating: PG
Disclaimer: Don't own them, CBS/Paramount does.
Genre: Humor
Description: Trip and Archer investigate a sunken city, Sherie and Trip haven't finished their prank war yet, Archer and his pooch enjoy play time, and Hoshi's penpal returns.


To My Sunshine (4)

T’Pol looked at her door when the doorbell beeped. She stood, turning to face it.

“Come in.”

Trip walked in with his hands held behind his back.

“Hello,” Trip said, smiling at her.

“Good evening.”

“Everything go well with the scientists?”

“Yes. Everything did. Did you enjoy visiting the city?” T’Pol asked.

“It was nice. Real nice aliens.” Trip walked up to her, standing close. “Close your eyes.”

T’Pol didn’t obey.

Trip’s grin turned boyish. “Will you pretty please close your eyes for me, Miss T’Pol?”

T’Pol obeyed with an irritated sigh.

“Hold out your hand.”

T’Pol held her hand out and she felt Trip fasten something around her wrist. T’Pol opened her eyes, staring at the fine gold chain decorated with tiny rubies he’d fastened around her wrist.

“I thought…” Trip reached up and rubbed the back of his neck. “Well, doesn’t matter what I thought. Just decided you needed it.”

T’Pol lifted her wrist, turning the bracelet around it.

Trip grinned. “You always said that of all the gems out there, fire rubies were your favorite. Course, you gave me all sorts of practical reasons, but—”

“I didn’t think that you would remember something so trivial.”

“I have my moments, T’Pol,” Trip said, and then added quietly. “Besides, nothing you like is trivial to me.”

T’Pol looked up into Trip’s eyes. Yes. Trip had some glorious moments that even she, a Vulcan, was surprised by.

“I love you.” Trip leaned forward and gently kissed her cheek. “Good-night.”

Trip turned. He stopped, looking back when T’Pol grabbed his hand.

“Thank you for remembering,” T’Pol said, and then smiled.

Trip smiled. He moved back to her, laying his hand on her neck. “I love that free sunshine.”

Trip leaned down and kissed her lips. He smiled when he looked in her eyes, running his thumb across her lips. He ran his fingers gently across her cheek and then turned and left. T’Pol looked at her bracelet, watching the shards of red light the rubies cast on her skin. She turned and sat down in front of her monitor to return to reading letters.


Back to Chapter 3
Continue to Chapter 5

Like it? Hate it? Just want to point out a typo? Join the discussion now.

Disclaimer: Star Trek in all its various forms and its characters are the property of CBS/Paramount. No copyright infringement is intended by the authors of this site, which is solely for the purpose of entertainment and is not for profit. This site is owned by CX and was opened to the public in February 2008.