Index Star Trek: Enterprise Star Trek: The Original Series Star Trek: The Next Generation Star Trek: Deep Space Nine Star Trek: Voyager Original Work

"Fiction Wins"
by A. Rhea King

Rating: PG
Disclaimer: Don't own them, CBS/Paramount does.
Genre: Humor
Description: Trip and Archer investigate a sunken city, Sherie and Trip haven't finished their prank war yet, Archer and his pooch enjoy play time, and Hoshi's penpal returns.


Tomfoolery (5)

Amanda didn’t even turn over when the door of her quarters opened.

“Lights. Ten percent,” Amanda muttered.

“Thanks,” Trip said.

“Uh-huh.” Amanda fell back to sleep, waking when the morning alarm went off.

Below her Sherie stretched and sat up on the edge of her bed. “Alarm off,” she ordered and then yawned. “Any visitors last night, Mandy?” Sherie asked.

“Uh-huh,” Amanda muttered.

Sherie stood and slapped Amanda’s leg. “Wake up.”

“Uh-huh.”

Sherie turned and looked around their quarters. Nothing looked out of place. Sherie walked to her closet and slowly opened the door. Nothing looked out of place in it. Amanda climbed out of bed and walked around her to open her closet.

“Are you sure we had—” Sherie stopped short when she was sprayed with whipped cream and feathers when Amanda opened her closet door.

She wiped her eyes and stared at her closet. The inside was covered with whipped cream and feathers.

“That was rude,” Amanda commented as she started getting dressed.

“Especially since it was rigged for when you opened the door on your closet.” Sherie looked at Amanda.

“I didn’t do anything!”

“Why don’t I believe you?”

“I have told you I don’t know how many times that this war is between you and him. I don’t get involved.”

“Then why’d he rig it so it went off when you opened your door?”

“I dunno!”

Sherie looked at her clothes. Amanda continued getting dressed. She stopped by Sherie before leaving their cabin and clapped Sherie’s shoulder. “Well, sister, have a good day at work. Send my regards to Lieutenant-Commander Tucker.”

Sherie looked back at her as she left. She shut her closet door and raided Amanda’s for clean clothes and uniform.


Back to Chapter 4
Continue to Chapter 6

Like it? Hate it? Just want to point out a typo? Join the discussion now.

Disclaimer: Star Trek in all its various forms and its characters are the property of CBS/Paramount. No copyright infringement is intended by the authors of this site, which is solely for the purpose of entertainment and is not for profit. This site is owned by CX and was opened to the public in February 2008.