Index Star Trek: Enterprise Star Trek: The Original Series Star Trek: The Next Generation Star Trek: Deep Space Nine Star Trek: Voyager Original Work

"Fiction Wins"
by A. Rhea King

Rating: PG
Disclaimer: Don't own them, CBS/Paramount does.
Genre: Humor
Description: Trip and Archer investigate a sunken city, Sherie and Trip haven't finished their prank war yet, Archer and his pooch enjoy play time, and Hoshi's penpal returns.


Stratagem (8)

Trip let out a tired sigh as he began powering down the shuttle pod.

“I am bushed,” Malcolm said.

“Tell me about it. Who thought collecting core samples could be so tiring.” Trip looked back at T’Pol. She was asleep in her chair.

Trip got up and laid his hand on her shoulder. “Hey, wake up.”

T’Pol sat up, looking up at him. Trip flashed her a smile and walked past her to help Malcolm pick up a crate. Trip opened the hatch and stopped, staring at Archer’s angry expression. Archer thrust a PADD at Trip, almost hitting Trip in the face.

“So, Trip, tell me when you and Sherie are going to be done with this stupid feud of yours?”

Trip sat his end of the crate down. “Why? What she do?”

“I hope you’re not too tired. You have to move all your furniture back into your quarters. And here’s a list of where everything is.” Archer grabbed Trip’s hand and slapped the PADD into Trip’s hand.

Trip flinched when it stung his hand a little. “Where everything is, sir?”

“Yes. Your mattress is in storage bay two. Your couch is still in the mess hall. And your computer is on the bridge. Could you perhaps move that first?”

Trip smiled. “Man! She’s getting really good at this! This is going to be hard to top.”

“You could always shake hands, apologize and forget the whole thing.”

“Why would I do that?” Trip asked.

Archer turned and walked away. “Yes. Why would you?”

Trip smiled, looking at the list. He laughed.

“What is it?” Malcolm leaned over his arm.

“My clothes are in the women’s showers. T’Pol?” Trip looked down at her.

“I will retrieve them for you.”

“Thank you.”

“And I agree with the captain.”

“I can’t, T’Pol. One must maintain a certain level of honor.”

“Honor is something that comes from battles of consequence. This has no consequence.”

“T’Pol,” Malcolm said, “It’s not your clothes in the women’s shower room, or computer on the bridge, or mattress in a storage bay.”

T’Pol stood, looking at Malcolm. “And how does avenging such childish behavior constitute as honorable.”

“Thanks for getting my clothes, honey,” Trip said, cutting Malcolm and T’Pol’s arguments off before they started.

T’Pol left the shuttle pod. Trip looked at Malcolm.

“You know, it’s my job to antagonize my girlfriend.”

“You weren’t doing your job. I thought a little help was needed.”

Trip shook his head. “Ya wanna go get someone to help get my bed?”

Malcolm laughed, leaving Trip. Trip looked back at the list.

“This calls for a very well planned prank,” Trip said to the PADD.


Back to Chapter 7
Continue to Chapter 9

Like it? Hate it? Just want to point out a typo? Join the discussion now.

Disclaimer: Star Trek in all its various forms and its characters are the property of CBS/Paramount. No copyright infringement is intended by the authors of this site, which is solely for the purpose of entertainment and is not for profit. This site is owned by CX and was opened to the public in February 2008.