Index Star Trek: Enterprise Star Trek: The Original Series Star Trek: The Next Generation Star Trek: Deep Space Nine Star Trek: Voyager Original Work

"Fiction Wins"
by A. Rhea King

Rating: PG
Disclaimer: Don't own them, CBS/Paramount does.
Genre: Humor
Description: Trip and Archer investigate a sunken city, Sherie and Trip haven't finished their prank war yet, Archer and his pooch enjoy play time, and Hoshi's penpal returns.


Soul-Searching (7)

(deleted scene from “Remembering Sunshine”)

T’Pol stared at the pictures that Chancellor Urlus had sent. The inside of the shuttle pod was torn to pieces. Most if it had happened during the accident and some had happened when the rebels raided the shuttle pod. But the thing that kept her attention was the blood on the pilot’s seat. The seat Trip had been sitting in at launch. T’Pol recalled the conversation she’d had with Trip before launch like a recorded message in her mind.

#

“We should be home in an hour or so if these officials ever stop handing out presents that is,” Trip said. “Hope Chef made something good for supper. For all the food they export, they really kill it when they cook it. Nearly everything tasted like wood.”

T’Pol didn’t respond to Trip’s joke. “Tell Captain Archer that rebel flyers have been detected leaving the ground and are in the area,” T’Pol informed Trip.

“I’ll tell him, but I’m flying.”

T’Pol lifted her chin. “I gave you data for the exit path, not the Captain.”

“And I told him the data for the exit path and he’s co-piloting and I’m piloting. He got to drive coming down and it was bumpy. I’m driving going home to prove how bad of a pilot he really is. You did know he’s a bad pilot, didn’t you? Can’t fly a hover craft to save his life.”

T’Pol raised her eyebrow. She suspected he was joking from the quiet laughter of the bridge crew.

“I was not aware of that, Commander Tucker.”

“I’m lying, you know.”

“I see.”

“I can’t wait to get back. There’s all sorts of things about this place I gotta tell ya’all about. You should see the orange groves. We have about six…gotta go. See you in a flash. Save some sunshine for me. Trip out.”

T’Pol resisted smiling. ‘I need a little sunshine,’ was what Trip always told when he wanted to see her smile. And then he’d touch her lips and whisper how her smile was as bright as a sun and that it lit up the room. Every time he said it no Vulcan teachings or beliefs or restraint could bury the swell of affection that those four little words brought on.

#

T’Pol reached out, touching the screen over the pilot’s seat in the picture. T’Pol looked at her hand, staring at it. Her hand was shaking. T’Pol closed the image and lit her meditation candles. She sat down and turned her mind toward her prayers and meditation. But with her eyes closed, the image from the screen was larger than life. The blood was real, it had been confirmed. There was blood at the back of the shuttle pod too. Much of it covered the gifts that the Rewtark had bestowed on Captain Archer before he departed. T’Pol opened her eyes. Was it only Trip that was hurt or were they all hurt? Did the rebels have them as Chancellor Urlus suggested, or were they in the forest somewhere? Were all four dead or alive? The shuttle pod had stopped only two meters from a cliff. The Rewtark were going to search the canyon below for their bodies in case they had been ejected from the pod over the edge. T’Pol exhaled a slow breath, cleared her mind and again attempted to meditate.


Back to Chapter 6
Continue to Chapter 8

Like it? Hate it? Just want to point out a typo? Join the discussion now.

Disclaimer: Star Trek in all its various forms and its characters are the property of CBS/Paramount. No copyright infringement is intended by the authors of this site, which is solely for the purpose of entertainment and is not for profit. This site is owned by CX and was opened to the public in February 2008.