Index Star Trek: Enterprise Star Trek: The Original Series Star Trek: The Next Generation Star Trek: Deep Space Nine Star Trek: Voyager Original Work

"Fork in the Road"
by A. Rhea King

Rating: PG
Disclaimer: Don't own them, CBS/Paramount does.
Genre: Humor/Romance
Description: The prank wars heat up, T'Pol learns how to express her love through dancing, Hoshi kicks butt in poker.


Shenanigan (3)

Trip walked up to the door and entered the security code. He slipped into the quarters and quietly made his way around to the front of the bunks. With his free hand Trip very carefully pulled the blankets off of Sherie. He then reached in the bowl he was carrying and carefully and strategically placed noodles on her, emptying the entire bowel on her. Trip pulled the blanket back over Sherie. Someone grabbed the bowel and slapped their hand over his mouth, startling him. Amanda, Sherie’s roommate, leaned close to him.

“What are you doing?” she whispered.

“Shh.” Trip whispered back. “I put noodles in her bed.”

“With her in it?”

“Yeah.”

“Noodles?”

“Yes.”

“Noodles?”

“Yes, Mandy!”

Amanda smiled, even if Trip couldn’t see it. “I like it. Good-night, sir.”

“Good-night.” Trip quickly left.

#

Sherie smiled as soon as the lift door opened and she saw Trip. Trip and Archer stepped off in front of her. Sherie grabbed his hand and smashed noodles into his hand.

“Thank you, sir. I have to say it’s been a while since I’ve had such a lively morning.”

“Glad to have been of service, Sherie.”

“Furthermore, I suspect this had assistance and I will find the accomplice.”

“You’ll be looking for a long time. This was completely of my own doing.”

Sherie leaned toward him. “I seriously doubt that, sir. I know Chef better than that and there had to be inside help.”

“Again, you will be disappointed when you discover there was no accomplice. Not even a mouse.”

Sherie nodded. “Not a mouse. But maybe a Kathah-Jit named Brila.”

“Not even a Kathah-Jit named Brila assisted.”

Sherie smiled. “Very well. Have a good day, sir. Captain.” Sherie turned and walked away.

Trip looked at Archer. He looked like he was in deep thought.

“Cap’n?”

“Yes.”

“What’s wrong?”

“How does a captain reprimand two officers that he can’t seem to catch in the act and the entire crew seems to be helping to continue their war of pranks?” Archer looked at Trip. “How do you suppose a captain would do that?”

“He wouldn’t. Have a good day, Cap’n.”

Archer watched Trip walk away.


Back to Chapter 2
Continue to Chapter 4

Like it? Hate it? Just want to point out a typo? Join the discussion now.

Disclaimer: Star Trek in all its various forms and its characters are the property of CBS/Paramount. No copyright infringement is intended by the authors of this site, which is solely for the purpose of entertainment and is not for profit. This site is owned by CX and was opened to the public in February 2008.