Index Star Trek: Enterprise Star Trek: The Original Series Star Trek: The Next Generation Star Trek: Deep Space Nine Star Trek: Voyager Original Work

"Left Overs"
by A. Rhea King

Rating: PG
Disclaimer: Don't own them, CBS/Paramount does.
Genre: Humor/Romance
Description: Sista receives word from her father. Sista's news makes T'Pol ask Trip for something special. Hoshi is amazed by the present the crew buys her for her birthday. And that's a wrap!


Wish Granted (2)

Everyone was tired and dirty. They were all ready for a hot meal, a hot shower, and their own beds.

Archer rubbed his eyes, looking up at Enterprise growing larger as they flew closer.

“Home, sweet, home.” Archer muttered.

“Permission to have the next month off, sir,” Malcolm joked.

Archer smiled. “Denied. How about two days instead?”

A half-hearted ‘yea’ greeted his offer. Archer smiled, glancing back. Even T’Pol looked ready to drop from exhaustion. They had not expected to be hit by a monsoon twenty kilometers from the shuttle pod and stuck in a muddy, wet cave for two days. No one had slept and Archer had found himself putting out spats among all five, including himself.

“Archer to Enterprise,” Archer said.

“Go ahead, sir,” Hoshi replied.

“We’re approaching dock. Be ready to depart as soon as we’re secure.”

“Aye, sir.”

“I swear she sounds more and more like a captain every time we leave her on the bridge,” Trip joked.

The men laughed.

“I want a big cup of coffee,” Luke said, yawning. “If I even make it that far.”

“I’ll just settle for a hot shower and bed,” Malcolm said. “And a day of sleep.”

“Here, here,” Trip said. He looked at T’Pol sitting in the navigation chair. She was busy preparing to dock and didn’t notice. Trip smiled, looking back out the windows.

Archer glided the shuttle pod into position and attached to the docking arm. He let the controls go and relaxed into the pilot’s chair. He had to consciously remind himself to stay awake the fifteen minutes it took to dock and pressurize the bay. The ‘all clear’ alarm sounded on his controls and the crew stood up, collecting what was theirs. Luke opened the hatch and Sista bolted in, leapt into Malcolm’s arms, wrapping her legs around his waist and mauled him with kisses. Everyone stared. Malcolm dropped his bag and tried to pry himself free, but she had a vice grip on him.

“VARDEE!” Malcolm managed to cry between a kiss.

She stopped, staring at him with a smile. She shook her head so her black hair brushed his face, something that always made him smile. It didn’t fail to get the same response this time.

“Miss me?” he asked, surprised and amused by her exhuberance.

“Yes. More so this time.”

“Why’s that? Kids driving you nuts?”

Sista bit down on her bottom lip, grinning. “Yes…but not.”

“What?”

“Guess.”

“Guess what?”

“Guess!”

Malcolm stared at her. She stood up, bouncing with excitement. “GUESS!”

“Darling, I can’t— I’m too tired to guess.”

“You ask me to check when you left!”

Malcolm’s smile suddenly became astonishment. “We… Are we?”

“YES!” Sista started kissing him again.

Malcolm fell onto the bench behind him, hugging and kissing her back.

“Am I the only one that has no idea what this is about?” Archer asked.

“No, Captain.” T’Pol answered.

Malcolm stood, swinging Sista around. She stood up, hugging him viciously. Malcolm looked up at the others.

“WE’RE HAVING ANOTHER BABY!” Malcolm laughed.

“Two! Twins! Again.”

Malcolm hugged her viciously, kissing her.

“More…babies?” Archer asked, almost whined.

“Perhaps the second time will be easier for Lieutenant Reed, sir,” T’Pol said. She picked up her back, took Trip’s hand and led him toward the side hatch. She turned. “And congratulations, Lieutenant, Vardee.”

“Yeah.” Trip grinned. “Congrats.”

Trip let T’Pol lead him out. Luke muttered something that sounded like congratulations on his way out. Archer smiled. The two hadn’t even noticed the others had left. They were too busy celebrating with kissing and hugging. Archer walked out of the shuttle pod, shutting the side hatch. He found Luke outside, trying to brush mud off his uniform legs.

“Gonna have to get me one of those,” Archer said, smiling.

“One of which? Wife or baby?”

“One of each.”

Luke grinned up at him. “Yes, one wife would be ideal, sir. Seeing how it’s illegal to have more than one in the U.S.”

Archer laughed. The two men walked out of the shuttle bay together.

Inside the shuttle pod Sista and Malcolm had their own celebration of the news.

#

T’Pol knew Trip wasn’t asleep. She could hear it in his breathing. Despite how exhausted they both were, Malcolm and Vardee’s news had made sleep seem pointless.

“You asleep?” Trip asked.

“No.” T’Pol answered.

“That news bothered you, huh?”

“Yes.”

Trip sighed, looking up at the dark ceiling overhead. T’Pol sat up suddenly, hugging her knees. Trip sat up beside her, laying his hand on her arm. He kissed her forehead.

“I want to have a child.” T’Pol said.

Trip froze in the midst of the kiss. He sat back, staring at her dark face. He turned and tapped the light controls. He was blinded for a moment, but when he saw T’Pol’s face, he saw only determination.

“What?”

“I want to have a child.”

“Are you sure? Are you ready for that?”

T’Pol looked at him. “Are you?”

Trip looked down, thinking about the answer. He reached out, laying his hand on her knee. He looked into her eyes, smiling.

“Yeah. I am. Guess we’ll pay Phlox a visit in the morning and see what options we have, short of adopting. Haven’t seen too many agencies out here.”

“I have.”

Trip was surprised by her answer. “You… Have?”

“There have been to several on planets we’ve visited. Many don’t appear to be concerned about where the children in their care go.”

“Really?”

“I want a child, Charles.”

Trip nodded. “Then we’ll find a way. Somehow, we’ll find a way, baby.”

T’Pol leaned into Trip, letting him wrap his arms around her. She moved close to him, wrapping her arms around him.

“You are a good husband, Charles.”

Trip smiled, kissing her temple. T’Pol sat up to tap the light controls. She laid a hand on Trip’s neck and pulled him back down to the bed. Trip wrapped his arms around her when she curled up to him, pulling as close as she could to him.

“We’ll get a child, somehow, I promise, angel.” Trip whispered.

T’Pol didn’t respond. She’d already fallen asleep. Trip smiled, kissed her forehead and then drifted to sleep.


Back to Chapter 1
Continue to Chapter 3

Like it? Hate it? Just want to point out a typo? Join the discussion now.

Disclaimer: Star Trek in all its various forms and its characters are the property of CBS/Paramount. No copyright infringement is intended by the authors of this site, which is solely for the purpose of entertainment and is not for profit. This site is owned by CX and was opened to the public in February 2008.