Index Star Trek: Enterprise Star Trek: The Original Series Star Trek: The Next Generation Star Trek: Deep Space Nine Star Trek: Voyager Original Work

"Truth Scores"
by A. Rhea King

Rating: PG
Disclaimer: Don't own them, CBS/Paramount does.
Genre: Humor
Description: They're ewoks? Diaper 1 and Malcolm 0, the finer points of Animal Crackers is discussed, Travis and Archer find themselves on the business end of a cranky feline, and Trip shows Eartik a thing or two about gravity.


Treed (6)

Archer and Travis didn’t break a beat as the raced across the meadow. Behind them four animals that resembled wolves and were the size of bears were slowly gaining on them.

“I CAN’T KEEP RUNNING LIKE THIS!” Travis yelled.

Archer agreed with that statement. He spotted a gnarled but tall tree and turned toward it. Archer leapt, grabbed the trunk and started climbing the tree. Behind him Travis quickly followed. Travis glanced down, yanking his foot away from one of the beasts when it jumped. He kept climbing. The two stopped when they were well out of jumping reach of the animals.

“What if they can climb trees, sir?” Travis asked, looking at Archer.

“Pray they can’t,” Archer panted. “What in the HELL did you do back there, Travis?”

“Nothing! You told me to get that plant and when I went over to get it there was one of those things, except smaller, a baby I’d assume. I was talking nice and then one of them showed up,” Travis motioned to the barking and snarling beasts below them. “And next thing I know, you and I are running for our lives!”

“Didn’t your dad ever tell you never to feed wild animals?”

“I wasn’t feeding it, sir!”

“You were being nice to it. Same difference.”

“But it didn’t look vicious.”

“Do I not look vicious?” Archer sneered at Travis.

Travis smiled and Archer smiled too.

“Well, this certainly is a problem.” Archer looked down at the beasts below them.

“Yeah. How are we going to get back? Neither one of us has a phaser.”

“Do you have your communicator? I dropped mine.”

Travis searched his pockets and finally produced a communicator. He handed it to Archer and Archer flipped it open.

“Archer to anyone.”

“Hey, Cap’n,” Trip said in a little too cheerful voice.

“Trip…what’s wrong?”

“Nothing! We’re taking bets over here.”

“On?”

“How long you two are going to be treed like coons.”

“We could use a little assistance!”

“That would make the bets invalid, sir.”

“TRIP!”

Trip laughed. “We’re working on it. Ya know, we woulda felt bad if they’d gotten you, but since they didn’t it was really amusing, sir.”

“I’m warning you, Trip!”

“Yeah. Yeah. We’re figuring something out here. We’ll get to ya shortly.”

“How shortly?”

“Before dark for sure.”

“CHARLES TUCKER THE THIRD!”

“Gotta go!”

“Trip.” There was no answer. “TRIP!”

Travis chuckled. Archer looked at him.

“You know, you’re trapped up here too,” Archer reminded him.

“You have to admit, it was pretty funny. And we had to look like idiots running from these things. Or like one of those cartoon characters!” Travis imitated a cartoon run with his hands.

Now that Archer thought about it, the whole thing was funny. He leaned back against a branch, laughing with Travis.


Back to Chapter 5
Continue to Chapter 7

Like it? Hate it? Just want to point out a typo? Join the discussion now.

Disclaimer: Star Trek in all its various forms and its characters are the property of CBS/Paramount. No copyright infringement is intended by the authors of this site, which is solely for the purpose of entertainment and is not for profit. This site is owned by CX and was opened to the public in February 2008.