Index Star Trek: Enterprise Star Trek: The Original Series Star Trek: The Next Generation Star Trek: Deep Space Nine Star Trek: Voyager Original Work

"Truth Versus Fiction"
by A. Rhea King

Rating: PG
Disclaimer: Don't own them, CBS/Paramount does.
Genre: Humor/Drama
Description: Deleted scenes from Dough Boys, the prank war continues, the boys get in trouble and thrown in jail, Phlox endures the endless questioning of a six year old...


Vindictive (6)

Amanda woke when the door of her quarters woke. She sat up, watching Trip walk in.

“Hey,” Trip whispered to her.

Amanda leaned on the edge of her bunk, looking at the bowl of warm water he was carrying.

“And this would be, sir?”

“Revenge.” Trip crouched down and sat the bowl on the floor near Sherie’s bed. “It was my turn before…well…before.”

Amanda leaned over the side, watching him. Trip pulled Sherie’s hand out from under her covers and placed her hand in the bowl. He stood, coming eye to eye with Amanda.

“I’m glad to see things are a little more back to normal, sir.” Amanda said, smiling sympathetically at him.

Trip looked down. “This helps,” he whispered.

“Would you like a full report in the morning, sir?” Amanda whispered.

“It’s your neck. You decide.” Trip smiled at her.

“You know, you’re lucky she’s a heavy sleeper, sir. Otherwise this whole revenge thing would prove to be overly challenging for you.”

Trip grinned. “Good-night, Amanda.”

“Good-night, sir.” Amanda rolled over, listening to Trip leave.

#

Trip turned the corner, finding Amanda standing by the wall. He glanced back.

“The Cap’n’s coming.”

Amanda grabbed his arm and pulled him into an access tunnel.

“Well?” Trip asked.

“Was she supposed to pee the bed?”

Trip laughed. “I always wondered if it really worked. Was she mad?”

“Well, she did. She changed the sheets and went to work. Didn’t say much about it, but that could mean she’s plotting, too.”

“Probably plotting.”

Amanda laughed. “You two are terrible, sir.”

“Yes, but I’m enjoying this. I haven’t met many junior officers that would go up against a senior officer like this. I truly admire her gall.”

“It has made mornings interesting in my quarters. Good-day, sir.” Amanda opened the door. Archer stood in the hall with his hands on his hips and blocking her way.

“Cap’n,” Trip said with a smile. “I was looking for you. Heard you wanted to see me about somethin’.”

“So, Amanda, what did he do to your roommate this time?” Archer asked her.

“Made her pee the bed.”

“And it doesn’t bother you that he’s coming into your quarters in the middle of the night?”

“No, sir. Should it?”

Archer tried to think of a good, authoritative reply. By the time he thought up something, Trip had already dismissed Amanda and was standing against the wall waiting for him to speak.

“I’m selling you two.” Archer turned, walking away. “And Amanda too. And everyone else that’s helping you two. Then I’m going to go buy new, obedient officers. Ones that respect me and honor me and respect me.”

“You’re really wanting that much respect?”

Archer stopped before turning down another hall and looked back at him. “I am your captain. A little respect is all I ask.”

“We respect you, Cap’n. Just not each other. There’s a difference.”

“Uh-huh. Just be warned, Trip. If your pranks cause any problems I’m putting you both in the brig for a week.”

“A week? That’s kinda harsh for a backfired prank, Cap’n.”

Archer narrowed his eyes at Trip and then walked off. Trip grinned.


Back to Chapter 5
Continue to Chapter 7

Like it? Hate it? Just want to point out a typo? Join the discussion now.

Disclaimer: Star Trek in all its various forms and its characters are the property of CBS/Paramount. No copyright infringement is intended by the authors of this site, which is solely for the purpose of entertainment and is not for profit. This site is owned by CX and was opened to the public in February 2008.