Index Star Trek: Enterprise Star Trek: The Original Series Star Trek: The Next Generation Star Trek: Deep Space Nine Star Trek: Voyager Original Work

"Who Woulda Known?"
by A. Rhea King

Rating: PG
Disclaimer: Don't own them, CBS/Paramount does.
Genre: Humor/Drama
Description: The prank wars continue to ramp up, Archer has a hard time delivering fatherly punishment, Trip and Archer take a mud bath, and the crew encounters an extra-terrestrial television ad.


Wreaking Havoc (2)

Trip sighed, walking over to the terminal. He entered in his code and the computer suddenly went black, flashing in white letters ‘Internal System Error.’

“No!” Trip said, smacking the monitor.

He tapped a button and the login screen came back up. He entered his code and it went back to the error message. Trip’s eyes narrowed. He tapped a button again and turned.

“Jokra.”

Jokra was working at another terminal and looked up at him.

“Come ‘ere a second,” Trip said.

Jokra walked over.

“Put your code in here,” Trip motioned to the monitor.

Jokra entered his code and the computer came up.

“Hold on,” Trip said. He logged Jokra out and tried his code again. The error message came up again.

“That can’t be good,” Jokra said.

“No. It can’t be. Especially if my code’s the only one that causes it,” Trip smiled. “Thanks.”

Trip left engineering and leisurely made his way up to the bridge and Archer’s ready room. Archer greeted him with a smile.

“Morning, Trip.”

“Hey. Can I check something on your computer?”

“Sure.” Archer moved back for Trip.

Trip stepped in front and accessed a database separate from the engineering database. He entered his code and the error message came up.

“What did you do?” Archer asked.

Trip smiled, chuckling quietly. He reached over and pressed the companel.

“Trip to Ensign Fields,” Trip said.

“Trip, if she—”

“Hold your horses, Jon,” Trip said quietly.

“Fields here,” Sherie said.

“Sherie, did you know that I cannot log into any computer on the ship today?”

“Really? Wonder why.”

“I dunno. I was kinda wondering if you could tell me just how sever the problem is.”

“Me?”

“Yes, Sherie, you,” Archer said.

“Hold on,” Sherie was silent for a few minutes. She came back. “Doesn’t appear to be too serious. Nothing being damaged or anything. Should clear up in an hour or two.”

Archer started to order her to fix it but Trip held up his hand.

“Thanks Sherie. In the mean time, go down to reclamation and start working on the compactor hydraulics.”

“Sir?” Sherie asked with little enthusiasm.

“Yes?” Trip smiled.

“The…compactor…hydraulics?”

“You heard me correctly. Get down there.”

Sherie sighed. “I could fix that problem right away.”

“You could, but you’re going to be working on the compactor hydraulics. Get moving, Ensign.”

“Yes, sir.”

Trip ended the communication and headed for the door.

“Trip.”

“Yes, Cap’n?” Trip turned.

“She’s messing with the computers.”

“I know. And now she’s messing with the compactor hydraulics.”

Archer smiled. “The dirtiest and worst possible job on the ship. I have to say, you do a decent job of reprimanding.”

“Breaks my heart, but I try,” Trip smiled. “See ya at supper, Jon.”

Archer laughed, watching him leave. He turned and tapped a key and the screen cleared, logging Trip’s code onto the computer. Archer logged out, logged back in and went back to work.


Back to Chapter 1
Continue to Chapter 3

Like it? Hate it? Just want to point out a typo? Join the discussion now.

Disclaimer: Star Trek in all its various forms and its characters are the property of CBS/Paramount. No copyright infringement is intended by the authors of this site, which is solely for the purpose of entertainment and is not for profit. This site is owned by CX and was opened to the public in February 2008.