Index Star Trek: Enterprise Star Trek: The Original Series Star Trek: The Next Generation Star Trek: Deep Space Nine Star Trek: Voyager Original Work

"Who Woulda Known?"
by A. Rhea King

Rating: PG
Disclaimer: Don't own them, CBS/Paramount does.
Genre: Humor/Drama
Description: The prank wars continue to ramp up, Archer has a hard time delivering fatherly punishment, Trip and Archer take a mud bath, and the crew encounters an extra-terrestrial television ad.


Drollery (9)

Archer was quickly growing impatient. He looked at Travis, Hoshi, Malcolm and T’Pol. T’Pol was the only one that didn’t look like she had other things to be doing right now. Archer turned to press the companel behind him.

“Oh my God!” Hoshi started laughing.

Archer turned. At first he was too shocked to say anything. Trip walked to stand beside T’Pol, looking down at the PADD in his hand. Archer stepped back up to the situation console and cleared his throat.

“Uhm…let’s get started T’Pol,” Archer said.

T’Pol was supposed to give an astronomic report first, but she didn’t even hear Archer. She was staring at her boyfriend. His hair was almost red and his skin was dyed carnation pink. On the other side of the console Hoshi had her eyes shut tight and was tearing from laughing so hard. Malcolm’s mouth twitched from withheld laughter and Travis was looking out at the bridge so he didn’t have to look at Trip. Archer looked down, closed his eyes for a few minutes and then cleared his throat.

“Trip…perhaps…you should go get cleaned up.”

“I did, sir,” Trip replied.

“You did?” Archer looked up at him.

“Yes. I took a shower. It was red. I found this out after I’d already gotten completely wet and consequently pink.” Trip looked at Archer with a serious expression. “And did you know that in our database we have a song called ‘Pink’. A band named Aerosmith sings it. It was playing when I got out.” Trip looked up at the lights, as if musing over the thought.

Hoshi leaned on the console, howling with laughter.

“Trip…I’m going to intervene. This is extreme, even for Sherie.”

“No your not.” Trip shook his head, looking at Archer.

“Excuse me?”

“You won’t intervene.”

“Yes I am.”

“Sir, with all due respect, I—”

“You’re PINK!” Archer snapped.

“I’ve noticed, but I you can’t interv—”

“Excuse me,” someone interrupted

Everyone looked up. Sherie was standing on the bridge, looking at Trip with a smile. She had damp green hair drooping down her green stained face. She grinned, biting her bottom lip.

“You know, Commander, Christmas is a month away. Perhaps we should get the Quartermaster to make us elf costumes. You can wear green, I’ll wear red.” Sherie winked at him with a grin.

Trip smiled at her. “That’s a great idea!”

“You two need to stop this,” Archer ordered, taking advantage of the two being in the same room.

“Why?” Malcolm started laughing. “They’re keeping us amused, sir!”

Trip looked at Archer. “Sir, with all due respect, Sherie and I are adults. We are very capable of settling this matter like adults.”

“I agree wholeheartedly with Commander Tucker, sir,” Sherie agreed.

Archer sighed. He could tell he wasn’t getting through to either of them.

“Fine. But if anyone gets hurt, or one of your pranks damages anything on this ship, you’re both spending time in the brig. I don’t care whose turn it was to pull the prank. Is that clear? Both of you?”

“Yes, sir,” Sherie and Trip answered together.

Sherie looked at Trip. “Good day, Commander Tucker. And remember, it was just the battle, not the war.”

Trip smirked, looking at Archer. “She’s really a great person if you don’t piss her off, sir.”

“I’ll bet.” Archer looked at Travis, Malcolm and Hoshi. They were laughing so hard they were crying. “As soon as you three have found some composure, could we maybe start this meeting?”

Trip smiled, looking at T’Pol. “Maybe I should keep the red hair.”

T’Pol shook her head.


Back to Chapter 8

The next short story is Doppelgänger

The next Tweens story is We Came, We Saw...

Like it? Hate it? Just want to point out a typo? Join the discussion now.

Disclaimer: Star Trek in all its various forms and its characters are the property of CBS/Paramount. No copyright infringement is intended by the authors of this site, which is solely for the purpose of entertainment and is not for profit. This site is owned by CX and was opened to the public in February 2008.