Index Star Trek: Enterprise Star Trek: The Original Series Star Trek: The Next Generation Star Trek: Deep Space Nine Star Trek: Voyager Original Work

"Green Ice"
by Lady Rainbow

Rating: PG-13
Genre: AU, Adventure Romance
Pairing: TnT
Archive?: Sure, just let me know first. Thanks!
Disclaimer: Don’t own ‘em, don’t make money off ‘em.
Notes: Okay, here’s the epilogue. Trip and T’Pol bring Hoshi up to speed on what’s happened to them on Zora Prime and Malcolm drops a bombshell on T’Pol.

PLEASE read and review. I would really like to hear what you think of this. If you have any ideas for future Switcheroo stories, please let me know. And THANKS to my readers and reviewers!! You’re awesome!


Epilogue

Captain Hoshi Sato sat back in her seat as she tried to absorb what Trip and T’Pol had just told her. Of course, both officers had submitted their formal reports on their adventures on Zora Prime and their encounters with the V’tosh Ka’tur and the I’Rhiamanau. This dinner in the Captain’s Mess had been meant for the events that were “off the record”. The only other senior crew member was Doctor Malcolm Reed. Malcolm seemed just as stunned as Hoshi at what they’d just heard.

“So...your friends Swaren and Vaeben are secretly fighting against the Romulans,” Hoshi repeated, with a shake of her head, “and they’re members of the V’tosh Ka’tur, as well as your foster sister, T’Phena. Somehow or the other, T’Phena made a complete change of heart and decided to help us.” She tapped the information disk that Trip had given her. “This will help us tremendously.”

“If the Romulans have a way of controlling their population, then it makes sense how they’re able to subjugate all the races they have,” Malcolm spoke up, his voice quietly grim. “Silik told me on the Romulan ship that his people have been slaves for generations.”

“Yeah. It makes things a lot more complicated.” Trip rubbed his eyes. The wedge of pecan pie sat untouched on his plate, a testament to how distracted he was. “At least we’ve got help from more than one source now, Hoshi.”

“A source that’s sure to give V’Lar a fit,” Hoshi said with a shake of her head. “I can see why you two want to keep this quiet. Considering all the uncertainty in V’Lar’s government, it’s hard to know whom to trust. It seems that both Vaeben and Swaren are trustworthy, but forgive me for saying that I can’t relax my guard.”

T’Pol nodded and spoke up for the first time. “I understand, Captain. The players in this game seem to change personalities—and loyalties—at a moment’s notice. I can say with confidence that both of them—and T’Phena—will live up to their word.”

“Keep an eye and an ear out, just in case they try to contact you two again.” Hoshi sobered as she went on, “Trip, Travis relayed your message to Matt Hayes. He’s in the process of trying to figure out who the spy is on his ship. I hope they find whoever it is soon; I don’t like the prospect of someone relaying information about Columbia to the Romulans.”

Trip shook his head. He noticed Malcolm’s stoic expression at the mention of Hayes and Columbia. Dammit, I’m gonna get Malcolm to tell me just what’s botherin’ him, sooner or later. Aloud, he said, “I bet Matt had a fit.”

“He did, but I don’t blame him. Gardner’s been on his case lately, and he’s getting tired of it.” She took a deep breath and continued, “And Trip, I want you to start a covert personnel sweep as soon as you’re able.”

Trip gaped at her. Such secrecy was out of character for Hoshi Sato. “You’re thinking we’ve got a spy on Enterprise?”

“Better safe than sorry.” She winced visibly. “It goes against my personal code, but dangerous times call for extreme measures.”

“I’ll get on it when I return to duty, Cap’n.”

“Thanks, Trip.” She stretched like a cat and stood up. “It’s late, and we’re due at our first port of call in two days. Admiral Forrest wants us to see what’s out there in uncharted space...and we will. I’ll see you all tomorrow. Good night, everyone.”

The others chorused their “Good night”s as Hoshi left the Mess. Trip yawned again and said, “Well, I’m off for bed m’self. Don’t stay up too late, T’Pol.”

“I shall not. Thank you, Trip.”

“See ya tomorrow, Malcolm.”

The doctor grinned and reminded him, “You have a physical scheduled for tomorrow.”

Trip groaned. “Argh. Fine. I’ll be there.” Then he grinned. “It’s good to be home.” He glanced down at the untouched pecan pie, then picked up the plate with one hand. He waved at them with the other hand as he too left the mess, leaving T’Pol and Malcolm there.


T’Pol felt the warm glow of his presence with her, even if he’d physically left the room. She carefully brought up her light mental shields so he couldn’t overhear what she needed to talk to Malcolm about. “Doctor, did you—“

“I did.” Malcolm sobered as he brought the information up on his datapad. “Both you and Trip are free from any viral infection, but I found something that might shed some light on both our situations.”

She raised an eyebrow. “Indeed? What is it?”

Malcolm switched the screen to show the brainwave scan that Doctor Kov had taken on the T’Varra. Below it was his own brainscan, taken by Doctor Rosie Arroyo of Columbia, about a month previously. He turned the PADD so T’Pol could see the results.

She was Vulcan, but she couldn’t stop her jaw from dropping a millimeter or two. T’Pol stared at the findings, then brought her eyes to meet Malcolm’s. His face was stoic, but there was a flicker of concern—and perhaps a bit of fear—in his blue-gray eyes.

“It seems,” he said, “that we now have something in common, T’Pol.”


Back to Part 10
This series continues in The Batty Engineer

Like it? Hate it? Just want to point out a typo? Join the discussion now.

Disclaimer: Star Trek in all its various forms and its characters are the property of CBS/Paramount. No copyright infringement is intended by the authors of this site, which is solely for the purpose of entertainment and is not for profit. This site is owned by CX and was opened to the public in February 2008.