Index Star Trek: Enterprise Star Trek: The Original Series Star Trek: The Next Generation Star Trek: Deep Space Nine Star Trek: Voyager Original Work

"Calling All Friends"
by A. Rhea King

Rating: PG
Disclaimer: Don't own them, CBS/Paramount does.
Genre: Drama/Family
Description: Navta has a new imaginary friend. There's a reason married couples on ships are bad. Some loves span time. A lake, plus a rope, equals lotsa fun! T'Pol does the motherly thing.


Run! Hide! (3)
Dedicated to my nephew and Maggie the dog.

Archer was sitting alone at a table when Malcolm and Sista came in with Jon Nathan and Kasbra. As soon as the door opened the two toddlers demanded to be let down and ran over to the cooler, using half sentences accompanied with pointing to express what they wanted. Archer smiled, watching Malcolm patiently decipher what the children were saying. Sista ordered the drinks and took them to a table, flashing Archer a smile before sitting down. She turned her head, watching her husband and children.

With food chosen Malcolm walked over to the table with the two toddlers prancing excitedly around his legs. Malcolm sat the tray down on the table and disappeared into the kitchen to retrieve booster chairs someone on the ship had made for them. He put them in the chairs and lifted Kasbra into her chair. He reached for Jon Nathan but he wasn’t watching. Archer noticed the boy was looking under his table and remembered Porthos was lying under the table.

“Jon,” Malcolm said.

Jon started toward Archer. Malcolm smiled, following him. Archer watched Jon Nathan walk up and crouch down, talking to Porthos. He heard Porthos move and then he came out from under the table, stretching as he did. His tail started wagging and he licked the boy’s face. Jon Nathan giggled.

Kasbra squirmed out of her chair and ran over to join him. The two children patted Porthos and talked quietly to him.

“Nothing like a little baby-dog conversation before supper, huh?” Archer asked.

“Yes, except I’ll have to wash their hands again.”

“Porthos is a clean dog,” Archer said with a smile.

“I didn’t mean that offensively, sir.”

“Good. I didn’t take it offensively.”

Archer looked down at Porthos. Kasbra patted his head and ran back to the table, reaching for Sista and begging to be put back in her chair. Porthos licked Jon Nathan’s face and the child stood straight up and as loud as he could, let out a squeal of glee. The second the sound escaped his mouth Porthos leapt straight up in the air, startled by the sudden sound and made a beeline under Archer’s chair, tail between his legs. Archer and Malcolm started howling in laughter. Jon Nathan watched them for a second before laughing too.


Back to Chapter 2
Continue to Chapter 4

Like it? Hate it? Just want to point out a typo? Join the discussion now.

Disclaimer: Star Trek in all its various forms and its characters are the property of CBS/Paramount. No copyright infringement is intended by the authors of this site, which is solely for the purpose of entertainment and is not for profit. This site is owned by CX and was opened to the public in February 2008.