Index Star Trek: Enterprise Star Trek: The Original Series Star Trek: The Next Generation Star Trek: Deep Space Nine Star Trek: Voyager Original Work

"Fork in the Road"
by A. Rhea King

Rating: PG
Disclaimer: Don't own them, CBS/Paramount does.
Genre: Humor/Romance
Description: The prank wars heat up, T'Pol learns how to express her love through dancing, Hoshi kicks butt in poker.


Charmant (5)

Malcolm angrily tossed the tool aside and sat down with a frustrated sigh.

“What’s wrong?” Sista asked, looking up from the tricorder in her hands.

“I can’t get this stupid cannon calibrated!” Malcolm snarled, glaring at the circuitry in front of him.

Sista sat the PADD aside and got up from the pilot seat. She walked over, kneeling down beside him. Sista slid her arm around his shoulders, staring at the circuitry.

“Maybe you take a break,” Sista suggested.

Malcolm closed his eye and sighed. “I can’t. The captain wants this fixed before they’re ready to leave.”

“Fifteen minutes,” Sista urged.

“I can’t.”

Sista leaned close to Malcolm, kissing his neck. “Fifteen minutes.”

Malcolm smiled. “You’re a bad influence.”

Sista pulled even closer to Malcolm. “I know. That’s why you marry me.”

Malcolm smiled at her. He got to his feet, feeling the aching in his muscles from kneeling and crouching for the last five hours. Sista held up her hand to ask him to help her up. Malcolm smiled, reaching out his hand. Sista grabbed his and started up. Malcolm yanked her up suddenly and threw her over his shoulder.

“MALCOLM!” Sista yelled, laughing.

Malcolm carried her out of the shuttle pod into the meadow they had landed in. Everyone else had left to collect samples, information and explore the uninhabited planet, leaving the two alone at the shuttle pod. Malcolm gently sat Sista down on her feet and started to walk away.

“YOU!” Sista cried out, jumping onto his back and wrapping her arms around his neck.

Malcolm laughed, spinning around.

“STOP!” Sista cried out.

Malcolm reached around behind him and grabbed her legs round his waist. He sat down hard and the two started wrestling and tickling each other. Malcolm rolled on top of Sista, pinning her arms to her sides with his legs and leaning over her.

“I won,” Malcolm laughed.

“Not even close.” Sista smiled at him.

“Oh? Then get up.”

Sista laughed. Malcolm leaned down, kissing her lips. Sista pulled her arms free and put her hands on his face, smiling when he looked into her eyes.

“I love you,” Malcolm told her.

“Liar.”

“I do!”

“You lie.”

“I do not lie!” Malcolm started ticking Sista, watching her try to squirm away from him and push his hands away at the same time.

Sista got free and tackled Malcolm to the ground, pinning his arms above his head and letting out a playful growl. Malcolm laughed. He brought his leg up behind her and threw her off balance enough that he was able to roll her off. The two began wrestling and laughing again. Malcolm stood up suddenly, grabbing Sista around the waist and held her against him with one arm. With his free hand he tickled her.

“LET GO! Evil husband!” Sista stomped her feet.

“Evil as they come,” Malcolm murmured into her hair.

Sista yanked free and turned. The two circled, watching the other for the first sign of attack. Sista spun suddenly and took off at a run. Malcolm chased her into the forest nearby. Sista stopped behind a tree and ducked away from Malcolm, keeping the tree between them. Malcolm grabbed for her and she easily slipped away to another tree.

“Oh!” Malcolm laughed.

Malcolm tried several times to grab Sista. He succeeded when he guessed correctly which way she was going to dodge. He grabbed her around the waist and the two fell to the ground wrestling again. Sista pulled free and ran back into the meadow until Malcolm caught up to her and pulled her back to the ground into a wrestling match. Sista pushed Malcolm away and he rolled a couple times. He turned in time to see her pounce on him and pin him back to the ground. Sista sucked in her bottom lip, purring quietly. Malcolm pulled his arms free and wrapped them around her waist, pulling her to him.

“I love you, Vardee,” Malcolm said.

Vardee laid her head on his chest. “I know. I feel it.”

Malcolm kissed the top of her head, feeling her slide off of him and lay down in the grass beside him, draping one leg across his. Malcolm closed his eyes, feeling the warmth of the sun starting to soak in. Sista started purring as she drifted to sleep and he smiled. Her purring always relaxed him and made him feel warm and comfortable. He kissed her forehead and then carefully pulled away from her. Malcolm picked her up and carried her back to the shuttle. He laid her down on a bench, covered her with a blanket, and went back to work.


Back to Chapter 4
Continue to Chapter 6

Like it? Hate it? Just want to point out a typo? Join the discussion now.

Disclaimer: Star Trek in all its various forms and its characters are the property of CBS/Paramount. No copyright infringement is intended by the authors of this site, which is solely for the purpose of entertainment and is not for profit. This site is owned by CX and was opened to the public in February 2008.