Index Star Trek: Enterprise Star Trek: The Original Series Star Trek: The Next Generation Star Trek: Deep Space Nine Star Trek: Voyager Original Work

"I'm a Believer"
by A. Rhea King

Rating: PG
Disclaimer: Don't own them, CBS/Paramount does.
Genre: Humor
Description: In this chapter of the tweens the prank war continues, Porthos charms aliens and goes for a mud bath, and Trip administers his special brand of first aid.


Whoops (2)

Archer heard the lift door open but didn’t look up. Not until a muddy, wet dog was plopped onto his lap. Porthos looked up at him with a look that said he knew he was in a lot of trouble. Archer looked up at Trip and the crewman standing behind him. Both men had mud splattered and smeared on their faces and uniforms.

“We had an accident, sir,” Trip said.

“I’d say,” Archer grabbed Porthos’ body when he felt the Beagle start to shake his coat. “What happened?”

“It was a chain reaction, sir,” the crewman answered.

“Of what?”

“Well, it all started with the oxygen pipe behind the science lab,” Trip began. “I went up to find out why the pressure readings have been out of whack for the last two days and I thought it was going to be pretty simple so I took Porthos with me because you’d asked me to take him for a walk while Navta was with the away team. I opened the panel and that set everything off. During our last round with aliens out to kill us, the pipe got a leak in it. There was enough pressure on the panel that as soon as I had it loose it flew right out of my hands and hit this glass ball thing on the top shelf.”

“Which then proceeded to roll down the shelf, knocking everything off as it rolled. We headed for the nearest exit. Something blew up behind us and sent a cork,” Trip held up the guilty cork. “Across the room into the fish tank. The tank exploded and then the frame fell over onto a table that had boxes of soil samples taken from the last four planets. The boxes got knocked over into the water and when it was all over, the place was a muddy mess. Your pooch here,” Trip pointed at Porthos, “decided it would be fun to play in the mud rather than come to Uncle Trip when he called. So when I finally caught him, he was like this.” Trip motioned to the dog. “And then he shook. A last word sort of thing. So...there’s your dog. We have to go clean up a mess.”

Archer sighed, standing up. “T’Pol, you have the bridge.” Archer turned, finding her staring at him. “What?” Archer asked T’Pol.

“I have come to a conclusion, Captain.”

“What’s that?” Archer asked, not sure he really wanted to hear it.

“I will never understand the relationship between humans and animals.”

Archer smiled. “Well that’s a first. You have the bridge, T’Pol.”

Archer walked to the lift that Trip was holding for him. Archer stepped on and the doors closed.

“Trip.”

“Hm?”

“If something like this happens again, give my child a bath instead of brining him to me on the bridge.”

“Yes, dad, I mean, sir.”

Archer smiled, hearing Trip and Anderson snicker behind him.

“I deserved that,” Archer said when the two men got off on deck C.

Trip turned, throwing a grin at Archer as the lift door closed.


Back to Chapter 1
Continue to Chapter 3

Like it? Hate it? Just want to point out a typo? Join the discussion now.

Disclaimer: Star Trek in all its various forms and its characters are the property of CBS/Paramount. No copyright infringement is intended by the authors of this site, which is solely for the purpose of entertainment and is not for profit. This site is owned by CX and was opened to the public in February 2008.