Index Star Trek: Enterprise Star Trek: The Original Series Star Trek: The Next Generation Star Trek: Deep Space Nine Star Trek: Voyager Original Work

"Pen to Paper"
by A. Rhea King

Rating: PG
Disclaimer: Don't own them, CBS/Paramount does.
Genre: Humor/Drama
Description: More prankster games, there's nothing like a hole outside the girl's bathroom, even the reclamation crew has a secret, and a crewman is lost.


Anticipation (7)

Sista woke feeling pressure on her abdomen. She opened her eyes, looking down. Malcolm was lying on the bed beside her with his ear pressed against her stomach and occasionally he’d put his hand to it when she felt one of the twins kick. Sista smiled, reaching down and stroking his hair. Malcolm didn’t move, only smile.

“When did you get back from away mission?” Sista asked.

“A couple hours ago.”

“I glad you back.”

Malcolm moved closer to her, but kept his ear pressed to her abdomen. “They’re quiet today.”

“Have for several days. Doctor Phlox checked, say all normal, babies just quiet.”

Malcolm moved up the bed to lie next to her. He propped his head up with his hand, smiling at her.

“Did I ever tell you I love you?” Malcolm asked her.

Sista shook her head. “Never.”

“Oh. Well, I love you.”

Sista reached up and touched his lips. “I love you too.”

Malcolm moved around so he could slip under the covers and pull them up over the two of them. Malcolm lay on his back, letting Sista pull close to him and lay her head on his chest. Malcolm reached down, laying his hand on her abdomen.

“Go back to sleep,” Malcolm quietly ordered as he drifted to sleep.

Sista lay awake, feeling her unborn children move and listening to her husband breathe.

#

Sista stopped short, putting her hand to her stomach. She looked down at her stomach, patting it.

“Is there a problem?”

Sista looked around to find T’Pol standing there. She smiled. “No. Children are moving this morning. Happy father back.”

“You believe your unborn children can tell when their father is around?”

Sista smiled. “Perhaps.” Sista put her hands on her stomach, looking down. “They keep kicking now he back. Not move hardly when he away.”

T’Pol looked down the hall.

“You want feel?”

T’Pol looked back at Sista, who was watching her expectantly. T’Pol reached toward Sista’s abdomen. Sista took her hand and guided it to the spot where she felt one of her babies kicking. Sista looked up at T’Pol, smiling when she felt the Vulcan’s wonder that T’Pol expertly masked from her face.

“Is good, yes?”

“It is different.” T’Pol let her hand drop.

“One day you feel it in you.”

“No.”

T’Pol looked down the hall. Sista followed her gaze. Trip was sitting on the floor fixing something and Eartik was sitting next to him, copying Trip’s movements even if he wasn’t actually fixing anything.

“Trip good with children.”

“He is.”

“He make good father one day.”

T’Pol didn’t reply.

“You think no?”

T’Pol looked at Sista. “A Vulcan and human union would not be compatible and I do not foresee such union ever occurring.”

Sista smiled, sidling up to T’Pol and meeting her gaze. “You unable lie to me, T’Pol.” Sista looked down the hall at Trip. “Much time for you admit lie to self, so no sense talk about now.” Sista turned and continued her walk. “Griftlina, T’Pol.”

“Griftlina,” T’Pol replied

T’Pol let out a soft sigh, looking back at Trip. She continued toward her own destination.


Back to Chapter 6
Continue to Chapter 8

Like it? Hate it? Just want to point out a typo? Join the discussion now.

Disclaimer: Star Trek in all its various forms and its characters are the property of CBS/Paramount. No copyright infringement is intended by the authors of this site, which is solely for the purpose of entertainment and is not for profit. This site is owned by CX and was opened to the public in February 2008.